GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox is the worst console out of em all"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Have you got an Xbox?

No?

Shut up!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:33
Regular
"Link to the Future"
All you need to do is play on one. Halo is the only good game. The controller is just stupid. It makes enjoying the games very difficult.
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
My. A**e.

I have an Xbox. And I don't want Halo. But I still enjoy the XBox more than I have with any other console so far. Yes, you're right, the controller is stupid - Stupidly brilliant. How can you say you don't like this controller, it is perfect. Best controller any console has had.

But. If you don't want an Xbox. That's fine. Just buggér off out of these forums!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:46
Regular
"accidental superher"
zero wrote:
> Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it.

Do i REALLY care about what the xbox looks like?? not really....is it REALLY THAT BIG?? nope...it's only slightly bigger than the ps2 (i would know- i have both of them side by side).

> Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu
> have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller.

It's all about taste...i like the games available for the xbox - i already have 7 of the launch titles (and still want 2 more)-all of which are good if not brilliant apart from just one (that game would be wreckless). Not that i have anything against nintendo but you see their games just don't suit me. Also even though Halo is meant to be ported over to the pc...i can't forsee it coming out in the NEAR future. In a recent games conference (can't remember what it is) -halo for the pc was not even there and most of the games being shown are still a long way off being done.

As for this dvd controller (which is a nitpicky thing that people always go for) -quite a lot of people already have dvd players....but if you don't at least you have the capability of using it as a dvd player. if you do choose to get the dvd kit...you get a remote which as more functions than most dvd controllers, the playback is excellent and also you don't have the ps2's green screen problem.

The
> control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four
> crap "jewel buttons"

I have to say the xbox control pad is the most comfortable pad i've held...it's bigger but so what as long as it's comfortable. i suppose that for people with smaller hands it could be a slight problem (but thn again my hands aren't THAT big). I definitely prefer the xbox controller to the ps2 one. and you haven't really explained why the buttons are cr*p...they may be a bit small for some but i've had no problem with them.

>
> and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only
> £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with
> greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

even though it is more expensive- there is a reason why. it is the most powerful console available. it already has a hard drive. you will have to fork out 100 quid for the 40gb hard drive -which seems a bit ott frankly. Develepors also won't use the ps2 hard drive in the same way -it will cut down load times and no neeed for mem cards BUT there won't be games like project ego.

Also we don't have to spend 25-30 quid for memory cards. while the dvd kit is optional for the xbox, the memory card issue certainly is not optional for the gamecube or ps2. It already has broadband capabilities -once again for the ps2 and gamecube you would need to get it separately. it has 4 controller ports (yes i know the gc has 4 but the ps2 you need to get a multitap which adds more cost).

it's also funny how you just name mgs2 and gta3 as the great games cos they're getting ported to the xbox (well i'm assuming mgs x is going to be mgs 2)

> face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to
> burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

As we all know, it's the games that does it...but higher specs gives it great potential for the future games which will fully utilise all it's power. I have already said above, people have different tastes when it comes to games.

Microsoft also have no experience at all
> in making consoles.

well when sony came into the console world they didn't have any experience compared to sega and nintendo...look who came out on top.

>
> Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion
> won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to
> Xbox.

I'm not too bothered whether it comes on top of the sales (i don't expect it too and i knew that when i bought it) but as long as it's still supported by microsoft and the games keep coming...i'll be happy.

i just don't see why people like you come in here and just be troublemakers....it's fair enough if you have reasons but your ones are the stereotypical excuses that people give. really what is the point??
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:12
zero wrote:
> Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it.

The shape/size of a console doesn't matter. However, you brough it up so I'll answer it. The XBox is only slighly larger than the PS2. I know because had the two sitting side by side, until I sold my PS2 as it was rubbish.

Also, the PS2 looks HORRIBLE! What sort of gay design is that supposed to be? It looks like a 4 year ld went metal with some lego. At least the XBox looks like 300 quids worth.

> Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon).

Yup, and most people will have to pay 300 quid to upgrade thei PC to be able to handle it. Also, I will have been playing 16 player deathmatch for months and months on my XBox before it's out on PC.

>YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller.

Yeah, yo do. But the playback quality is MUCH higher than on the PS2, and without the greenscreen and lip synch problems the PS2 had. Again I know because I have owned both, and watched DVD's on both.

The fact of the matter is that the XBox was designed to be a DVD player also from the start. The PS2 wasn't, it was added on last minute. True.

>The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four
> crap "jewel buttons"

Yes, it is bigger than the DC's pad but it is really comfortable. It's certainly a LOT more comfortable than the PS2 pad. Have you ever held an XBox one?

> and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only
> £165, and with PS2 at £199,

Ps2 was £299 at launch, WITHOUT HDD, or broadband adaptor.

Face it, anyone who bought a PS2 at 199, will now have to spend nearly another 100 on the HDD/Modem thing AND 25 for every memory card they buy. That = over £300. Hmm, maybe the XBox isn't that expensive afterall...

that makes best choice, with
> greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

Both of which are coming to Xbox.

> face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to
> burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

XBox is going to be bought by people who are looking to the future. With a built in HDD and Broadband connection Microsoft have garaunteed the life of the XBox. PS2 has only been out in Japan 2 years and they already have to release addons beacue it's so dated.

Also, Sony have admitted that they will probably release the PS3 earlier than planned because they're scared of the XBox.

> ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already,

That's because the PS2 has been out a lot longer than Xbox. T**t. There are already more Xbox titles that I want than there are on PS2. I had my PS2 for about 6 months, and I had four games. One was GT3 which was boring and crap. Yeah, it looked good, but that was it.

There are already 6 or 7 games out for Xbox I want, as well as loads more between now and Christmas.

and GC will be
> bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all
> in making consoles.

Sony had no experience either, but look how well the PS 1 did.

> Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion
> won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to
> Xbox.

Face it. Sony did a great job with the PS 1, no doubt about it. But they're relying on that success to sell the PS2. Sooner or later that fact is going to catch up with them, and unless they sort it out before the PS3 is released, they may well not be top dog anymore...
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:17
I can't believe this idiot is spreading this rubbish, he has done it in the PS2 one and htis is what I had to say:

Zero you are a complete GIMP! You haven't actually mentioned that you have played on the console! You have no evidence that the other consoles will do better. Microsoft are a class company that always have and always will deliver the BEST! I have played consoles for 10yrs + and owned everyone and I amselling my PS2 for an X-BOX becuase I know personally that the X-BOX will come off the better of the nxt-gen consoles due to extensive research and play testing! Halo the only good launch title? LOL, hahaha, do you remember the PS2 and the launch of that, you might fail to remember that it was slated and put down from everyone! The X-BOX has not been put down by anyone other than GIMPS, like you! let me show you this:

Some of the X-BOX Launch titles:

HALO
MAX PAYNE
MUNCH's ODDYSEY
DEAD OR ALIVE 3
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
WRECKLESS
AMPED
JET SET RADIO FUTURE

You pathetic moron, are you telling me that HALO is the only good launch title out of all of those becuase you ar WRONG! Did you fail to notice all of those other games on there or did you just follow the last sheep that said "HALO IS THE ONLY GOOD GAME AND DON'T GET AN X-BOX BECUASE THEY ARE BIG"! How thick can you get, size does not effect the performance and just goes to show how much you know!

When the PS2 was launched do you remember the price £499 without Hard Drive or game! You faild to notice that they haven't announced a price drop yet because it has ONLY just gone world wide!

Don't come on here saying pathetic non-sense without any solid evidence! Sorry TOM but I had to say something to shut this moron up for good!

It is people like you that shouldn't be let loose on the streets, never mind setting up a DECENT discussion, get some evidence and I will argue with you but unil then I will walk away in disgust!

This is what this other gimp had to tell me:

Just to annoy you, just look at the sales for the X BOX so far, would you really think it could surpass the PS2? In Japan, the Dreamcast is still outselling the X BOX - What do u say to that. And by the way I know where your anger has come from, its your conscience telling you that youve made a BIG mistake buying an X BOX. You are just trying to defend it because you want to assure yourself that youve made the right choice.
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:19
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Tóm wrote:
> My. A**e.
>
> I have an Xbox. And I don't want Halo. But I still enjoy the XBox more
> than I have with any other console so far. Yes, you're right, the
> controller is stupid - Stupidly brilliant. How can you say you don't
> like this controller, it is perfect. Best controller any console has
> had.

Tom's obviously never held a Gamecube controller then - the XBox controller is OK, but far too big (see the word fart in there).

Anyway, zero is right, but not for the reasons he said. XBox is crap because it breaks down every 5 mintes and loses game saves at random. My PS2 never did this.
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:19
The other GIMP was MILNER, remember these 2:

MILNER
ZERO

I for one will never help these 2 out, niether have played one and they are just cocky gimps!
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:21
GpotterUK wrote:
> Tóm wrote:
> My. A**e.
>
> I have an Xbox. And I don't want Halo. But I still enjoy the XBox
> more
> than I have with any other console so far. Yes, you're right, the
> controller is stupid - Stupidly brilliant. How can you say you don't
> like this controller, it is perfect. Best controller any console has
> had.
>
>
> Tom's obviously never held a Gamecube controller then - the XBox
> controller is OK, but far too big (see the word fart in there).
>
> Anyway, zero is right, but not for the reasons he said. XBox is crap
> because it breaks down every 5 mintes and loses game saves at random.
> My PS2 never did this.

You still fail to mention if you have played one or not, that is what one person has said and I know 4 people who have them and they work fine, I have play tested them and they are amazing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.