GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Fri 21/10/16 at 09:58
"possibly impossible"

dav2612 wrote:
I had a few games of team deathmatch on the Call of Duty beta last night. I still can't understand why people spend so much time on these games with each version - they all feel the same to me. I do prefer the days before boost jumps and slides and wall running.

Yeah, it was a bit meh. Not bad, certainly not as bad as all those COD haters make it out to be, but just not fantastic. Waiting for my copy of Battlefield One, anyway, after playing the excellent EA Access trial of it.
Fri 21/10/16 at 09:19
Regular
"And in last place.."
I had a few games of team deathmatch on the Call of Duty beta last night. I still can't understand why people spend so much time on these games with each version - they all feel the same to me. I do prefer the days before boost jumps and slides and wall running.
Wed 19/10/16 at 10:25
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
You are right, it was indeed a "dlc" feature...

Finding all the recordings does become a bit of an obsession, but then they add so much flavour.

It does bother me that I still haven't found them all.

The one I found on Bioshock 2 last night explained why Dr Tenenbaum was back in Rapture. A few lines of audio but very worthwhile.
Wed 19/10/16 at 10:09
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I think I read that New Game Plus arrived with the DLC for Bioshock rather than being there from day 1.

I've not got 100% pick up rate in any of the 3 games. My fault for not searching every corner but I do try. I have already found an audio diary in Bioshock 2 which I missed before. There is hope for me yet.

You are right, it was indeed a "dlc" feature...

Finding all the recordings does become a bit of an obsession, but then they add so much flavour.
Wed 19/10/16 at 09:57
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
2 is the only one I haven't 100% completed on that front.

Got all the voxaphones, looked through all the telescopes and watched all the kinetiscope movies in 3, and that was a mission. Made easier to track though by the nicely organised Steam achievements.

I have a sneaking recollection that New Game+ was already a feature of Bioshock "the first"...

Post edited by chasfh on 19/10/2016 at 09:47.

I think I read that New Game Plus arrived with the DLC for Bioshock rather than being there from day 1.

I've not got 100% pick up rate in any of the 3 games. My fault for not searching every corner but I do try. I have already found an audio diary in Bioshock 2 which I missed before. There is hope for me yet.
Wed 19/10/16 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Bioshock 2 doesn't have a New Game + mode which is disappointing considering this was added to the first game. Heading back through and attempting to find all the audio logs. It is a mission destined to fail.

2 is the only one I haven't 100% completed on that front.

Got all the voxaphones, looked through all the telescopes and watched all the kinetiscope movies in 3, and that was a mission. Made easier to track though by the nicely organised Steam achievements.

I have a sneaking recollection that New Game+ was already a feature of Bioshock "the first"...

Post edited by chasfh on 19/10/2016 at 09:47.
Wed 19/10/16 at 08:59
Regular
"And in last place.."
Bioshock 2 doesn't have a New Game + mode which is disappointing considering this was added to the first game. Heading back through and attempting to find all the audio logs. It is a mission destined to fail.
Tue 18/10/16 at 14:03
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Perhaps I will go back through again at some point and follow a check list. I want to replay the other 2 games first and then I'll take a break for a while.

I'll probably pick up the Fallout DLC one day. I traded in the game after going through it twice so perhaps when the GOTY edition is released.

I played Fallout 3 to death, same with New Vegas, and it looks like 4 is going the same way. Of course, I've added a stack of user made mods too, just to keep things really interesting, but this type of open ended game and story line tend to hold my interest for a long time.

I'll still keep going back to this in three years' time...
Tue 18/10/16 at 09:37
"possibly impossible"
Mafia 3 on the go at the moment, but the BF1 EA Access and COD:IW Beta are eating into that a bit.
Mon 17/10/16 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
I found all of them once, but never again. Some of them are just stupidly well hidden, others you see and think "I'll go get that later", (like one of them early on trapped in ice, and no fire at hand), in fact it's a mission all of it's own to get them all.

Side tracked back to Fallout 4 myself. All the new DLC stuff, Nuka World etc. has got me hooked again.

Perhaps I will go back through again at some point and follow a check list. I want to replay the other 2 games first and then I'll take a break for a while.

I'll probably pick up the Fallout DLC one day. I traded in the game after going through it twice so perhaps when the GOTY edition is released.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.