GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design - General Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 22:46
Regular
I was going through the archive earlier and came across Turbo’s Web Design Pledge. Although I can vaguely remember this when it happened, I thought nothing of it, but upon reading it again, something really caught my eye.

“However, the forum is just being "used". Where as forums like the FOG are ever-popular, with people visiting regularly and generally having fun, the Web Design forum is merely being "used" for question and such like. Well, no longer! I want to turn this forum into a proper community.”

He is right here, this forum is only really used by people wanting questions answered, but I think that this forum is probably the best on the site. Mainly because nearly everyone in here knows what they are talking about. But I don’t like how the forum is used just for questions.

So here is what I propose, we use this thread for general chat. Not just web design, anything at all. Since not many people pass through this forum anymore, it won’t get spammed up too much, it’ll just be a place where people can go to be themselves.

If it doesn’t work, then fine. I just think this thread will be able to make this forum more of a community.

So… what’s up everyone? :0)
Page:
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:33
"Uzi Lover"
Thought I better post this here as it's the only place worth it :-)

I've got a cell which I am putting text in for a website but whenever I go to make a new line using enter it goes down two lines and not one.

How do I fix this dudes?
Thu 30/05/02 at 13:37
Whooo! wrote:
> THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!
> WHO CALLED YOU AN OLD FOGEY????
> HOW DARE THEY!!!

I can't be bothered scrolling down to find out, but rest assured, if I can remember who it is, I will give them a good what for with my walking stick... now where did I put my teeth ;)
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:01
Regular
"How Handy."
THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!
WHO CALLED YOU AN OLD FOGEY????
HOW DARE THEY!!!
Thu 30/05/02 at 10:17
Turbonutter wrote:
> Flash doesn't have a nice, small, non-CPU-slaying dropsahdow effect.

Great. Now we are all agreed Flash does not have an in-built drop shadow effect, if you ever feel the need to create a drop shadow in Flash, just follow the instructions I spent ages typing below!!!

I don't know, just try to help people, and they call you an old fogey!
Wed 29/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Flash doesn't have a nice, small, non-CPU-slaying dropsahdow effect.
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Too right, :)

What version of Photoshop have you got now then?
I don't know if Flash has a drop shadown effect, i still havn't found the time *sniggers* (i'm unemployed) to check it out.
i'm off to cause more havoc on my website...
Tue 28/05/02 at 17:46
Regular
"How Handy."
Pfht, damn old fogies..
Tue 28/05/02 at 17:23
Fog wrote:
> Photoshop already has drop showdow effects, and you can change pretty
> much everything on it, colour, density, all that jazz.

It does now dear boy, but way back in Photoshop 3 it didn't, thats why us old school boys had to do it the hard way... Not like you young whipper snappers, expect everything on a plate you do, few clicks of a filter, and hey presto, a drop shadow, you don't know how luck you are, in my day

> But thanks for the tip, I can't think i've need effects like that in
> Flash though...tis probably why everything looks so dull :)

Erm, is there a drop shadow effect in Flash? If not, then follow the instructions I posted, hey presto, drop shadow!
Tue 28/05/02 at 17:20
Whooo! wrote:
> So, oh gamer who is funky, exactly how many shades of black are
> there?!!? ;)

Erm, doh! Try a shade of grey then dammit....

> Bit quiet in here at the minute, the n00bs have all gone into hiding..

Yep, was quiet all afternoon, I had to resort to posting in the other forums! This forum does seem the quietest, but I think this is where the most intelligent and sometimes passionate conversations happen.

;)
Tue 28/05/02 at 16:45
Regular
"How Handy."
So, oh gamer who is funky, exactly how many shades of black are there?!!? ;)

Bit quiet in here at the minute, the n00bs have all gone into hiding..
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.