GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design - General Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 22:46
Regular
I was going through the archive earlier and came across Turbo’s Web Design Pledge. Although I can vaguely remember this when it happened, I thought nothing of it, but upon reading it again, something really caught my eye.

“However, the forum is just being "used". Where as forums like the FOG are ever-popular, with people visiting regularly and generally having fun, the Web Design forum is merely being "used" for question and such like. Well, no longer! I want to turn this forum into a proper community.”

He is right here, this forum is only really used by people wanting questions answered, but I think that this forum is probably the best on the site. Mainly because nearly everyone in here knows what they are talking about. But I don’t like how the forum is used just for questions.

So here is what I propose, we use this thread for general chat. Not just web design, anything at all. Since not many people pass through this forum anymore, it won’t get spammed up too much, it’ll just be a place where people can go to be themselves.

If it doesn’t work, then fine. I just think this thread will be able to make this forum more of a community.

So… what’s up everyone? :0)
Page:
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:46
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I was going through the archive earlier and came across Turbo’s Web Design Pledge. Although I can vaguely remember this when it happened, I thought nothing of it, but upon reading it again, something really caught my eye.

“However, the forum is just being "used". Where as forums like the FOG are ever-popular, with people visiting regularly and generally having fun, the Web Design forum is merely being "used" for question and such like. Well, no longer! I want to turn this forum into a proper community.”

He is right here, this forum is only really used by people wanting questions answered, but I think that this forum is probably the best on the site. Mainly because nearly everyone in here knows what they are talking about. But I don’t like how the forum is used just for questions.

So here is what I propose, we use this thread for general chat. Not just web design, anything at all. Since not many people pass through this forum anymore, it won’t get spammed up too much, it’ll just be a place where people can go to be themselves.

If it doesn’t work, then fine. I just think this thread will be able to make this forum more of a community.

So… what’s up everyone? :0)
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:17
Regular
"How Handy."
Exams... Grrr, dont you hate em..

Got my GCSEs in a few weeks, and at the moment there are about 90 deadlines..

My tech deadline was originally a few weeks ago, but its been extended because I hadnt done very well :(

Worst of all, IT, the subject I wanted to do best in, deadline for my final project was today, and although most of the implemntation was good, the rest (design, evaluation, etc) was a bit crap :(

So, I'm being stressed and needing this weekend really badly...

I dont mind most exams, but I'm really not looking forward to Spanish, I hate it.

Anyway, now i've got this off my chest, i reckon this is a great idea. The forum is a bit repetitive because we usually end up answering the same questions over and over..

So, whats up with everyone else? Oh, I've an idea. lets work out who were talking to, give us a bit of info about yourself or something.. So, me..

Andi Thompson
Aged 16
From Manchester
I'm into the internet, tv, films, and cars, in particular the Subaru.
Piccie of me being miserable is http://lewq.2y.net/andi/miserableandi.jpg
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:24
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Ahhh, I'm in the same position as you. Got my GCSE's coming up and lots of coursework deadlines as well. Done most of it mind (finished my IT today, 3 weeks late), the one that really bothers me is Tech. I don't really care about it but the work load is stupid.

Anyway, nice to know someone is in the same position as me.

My info :-

Name : Stefan Sharratt
Interests : Internet, games (got a PS2), films and I like listening to music.

Ain't got a piccy of me on the net though. I know you like Subaru's though, that wallpaper you made for my site rules :D.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:29
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
good luck with your exams, it seems to me that the only bits of school you enjoy, you have trouble in.
Good thing about my college is, in the time i've been there (nearly 2 years) i've had 3 exams *laughs* it is a bit of an easy course, all I do is make music all day, I feel sorry for you guys, but hope you do well all the same :)

I think most people get on so well in this forum is because you all have one intrest, and unwanted people stay away from the forums (can't get rid of me though)

erm,

Tom Firth
Aged 17 (18 in July)
From Kent (born and bred)
intrests: music , cars (VW Jetta!!) and PCs.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:37
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Just can't wait for Year 11 to be over really. Going into Sixth Form next year which should be better. All the spanners from the year will dissapear somewhere and nearly all of my mates are going into the Sixth Form so it should be a laugh :0).

I also know lots of the people who are in Sixth Form already and I get on well with them. My mates (who already are in the Sixth Form) say it's nothing like being in Year 11, the teachers treat you a lot better and you're allowed to mess about without getting told off. Sounds great to me :D.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
What are you goig to study?

My friends in 6th form havepretty much all hated it, too many exams and coursework, I think it's mainly the a/s levels fault, but what do I care.
I went to college in the end as they didn't have a music course and the media suite was pap, college was far away from the people that got on my nerves, I keep in contact with the people I like.

Hope you enjoy 6th form, it's good as you spend all your time working on the subjects you want, no more Spanish lessons...etc
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:43
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i finished my GCSEs last year.
i am currently studying a BTEC national diploma in ICT.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:45
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I'm planning on taking Maths, IT, Business Studies and Pyschology. I want to do well in the first three, but Pyschology will be my dossing lesson :D. I've heard Maths is hard, but I think if I apply myself, I should be alright. Easier said than done though.

I don't take Spanish, I take French. Hate every minute of it as well...
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:46
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
6th form can be great but some say college is better.

I suppose it's what school you go to really.

Put it this way I liked it the only thing I didn't like was having to get up earlier on some days because I needed to catch a bus so I could go to different schools for my lessons.
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:49
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I'm not really a big fan of fitting in though. I've got roots in my school now and don't really want to change again. Plus, as I said before, our Sixth Form is meant to be a doss :D.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.