GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a sex thing."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
Girls like different things to boys.
That’s a given, but I have discovered that there are certain things, objects and foods, that are also only for boys and girls.
At great personal risk, I have managed to obtain the list from Estrogen HQ.

Programmes:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
This is a girl’s show. To be watched only by girls that like a “bit of danger” and think Spike is “cute”. These girls are usually straight-laced but bad-at-heart girls that like to appear risky but still don’t want to do anything really daring like get a tattoo or pierce bits of their face.
If you watch this and are male, there are only two excuses:
(a) Your lady watches it and if you didn’t then you wouldn’t get any sugar.
(b) You are gay.
And you can’t use the excuse “I watch it because Buffy is hot”, because the fact you are watching this show means you either have a girlfriend, or you just want to wear her clothes anyway.

SEX IN THE CITY
Again, a total girl show.
For women, by women, about women.
Men don’t watch this because it’s everything we don’t like in women – it’s bitchy, whining, insecure and is invariably about their body shape and shoes and stuff.
Total Fem show with no redeeming male interests (and seeing 2 secs of boob does not justify the teeth-itching experience of being in a woman’s mind for 1hr per week)

HEARTBEAT/MONARCH OF THE GLEN/SUNDAY NIGHT 7-10pm SHOWS
These are all for women.
And women usually over the age of 38 at that. A nice, relaxing, warm and fluffy time of the evening for when the kids have been settled, chocolates have been opened and coffee made.
Men may watch these shows, but only because they are slumped in the armchair still working off Sunday lunch and it’s too early for a bath / w##k on the internet.

TOP GEAR
Man.
100% male show. If women watch this, it’s because they are lesbians or ugly and can’t get any men to live with them and fix their cars for them.
It’s about fast cars, and sometimes aeroplanes. This is man territory, stay away women.

PROGRAMMES ABOUT WAR
Male only zones.

NATURE DOCUMENTARIES
This is a tricky area.
Some shows are about lemurs and marmosets and other nice little animals, this is predominately a girl area.
But the ones about gorillas, sharks, crocs…any big killer animals are man episodes.
Or episodes about explorers (men) being brave and risking death from ice and stuff – Man show.

Food

SALAD
This is girl food.
Men cannot nor should not eat salad. Otherwise you’re a nancy boy that should be wearing plimsolls and worrying about his waist-size. You fairy.
Salad is acceptable on a man plate if used as a garnish only. Any more than a sprig and you are approaching “Well I shouldn’t really” zones. And that is not a place for a man.

FRUIT
Minefield of gender-issues.

TANGERINE
Girl. Easy to open, light and can be eaten WHILST DOING YOUR NAILS

ORANGES
Man. A sod to open, messy and take an age to eat. Best done whilst waiting for war movies to start on Channel 5 (bloke channel)

MELONS
Watermelon is unisex, but Galia and other melons are girly. For obvious reasons.

PRAWN COCKTAIL
Woman woman woman woman woman woman woman woman. No man alive should have ever ordered one of these, otherwise you are a Femmy bloke with soft, luxuriant hair.

CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Woman. Typical curry ordered by woman (usually with a white wine), whilst men order Jalfrezi and madras and (only to attempted by drunken men in a group) Phaal.

QUICHE
So utterly female I’m feeling fruity just writing the word. Men have no business with chilled dairy products.

There are many others, but I’m bored and want a smoke. (Malboro is man smoke, Silk Cut is girly, B&H are Unisex. Lambert & Butler are pikey, no matter what sex).
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What about Elvis's music??

also Dana International the "thing" that did eurovision?
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
Best Kilroy ever would be "I'm Kilroy's love child"
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:51
Regular
Power to tangerines. Or something else feminine.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
> what the hell? i love prawn cocktails and i'm not some girly boy. Your just
> streotyping everything.

--

Really? Damn. Sorry

But if you love Prawn Cocktails, then you also love to use moisturiser and watch Kilroy in the mornings.
Without even realising it.

I reckon.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:49
Regular
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
"what the hell? i love prawn cocktails and i'm not some girly boy. Your just streotyping everything."

Only a girly boy could think like that.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
Cooking:

Man if big slabs of still bleeding meat. And chips.

Woman if poncy stuff that has been calorie counted.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Link to the Future"
what the hell? i love prawn cocktails and i'm not some girly boy. Your just streotyping everything.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The Asian Prince, manly or womanish?
----

He is above earthly concerns.
For he is very intelligent and can vibrate his hands so the princess can sense he is chivalrous
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> Fair point, but you have to "help" them, or you have to put up with
> yellow curtains with blue flowers on for the next few years.

---

Helping yes, but it's never a man idea to instigate.
And helping gets you credit with them.

And you can sit back at the end of the day, being all knackered and get them to run you a bath and pamper you with curry and a movie (they should go out and rent it, with instructions from you on which ones, otherwise you'll end up with a Hugh Grant romantic comedy)
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
The Asian Prince, manly or womanish?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.