GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX vs GAMECUBE vs PLAYSTATION 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 10:28
Regular
Well, the war has begun for the number 1 console slot and xbox semms to be taking a firm grasp over the other 2 consoles. Xbox released on the 14 of March and has already sold over 16,000 consoles within the U.K making a much better launch than the Playstation 2 did.

I dont think the gamecube will do to well in this fierce war as the games just arent as exciting as the others and its just not popular enough to beat the massive company of microsoft or the long going playstation era.

I think xbox will turn out to be the daddy of consoles and will beat the playstation and the gamecube, many people will agree that xbox is just to powerfull for the oter two.
Sat 13/04/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I've just had it with people saying Nintendo is just for kids. IT'S NOT!!! Nintendo make their games that way so EVERYONE can play them, not just adults. There is much more to games than being able to shoot people in the head and the like, even if that is a good thing. It just shows that some people are a little shallow if they won't play a game just because it doesn't have blood or guns in it.
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Why is the Gamcube aimed at younger people - It has Nitnendo - makers of UNIVERSAL games - think only 5 year olds play Reisdent Evil or maybe Mario - NO! Adults play both, as do 'kids'
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:25
Sure xbox havent sold as many consoles as the PS2 did but that doesnt matter, its just about the taste of the gamer.

I decided to buy a xbox because I love games like halo and amped and not games like sonic and super smash bros that made there way to the gamecube, its just about taste.

Anyway all the games that have come out on the PS2 are probably going to come out on the xbox anyway any thanks to the xboxes great graphical performance the games will be more improved and better in there own minds.

Take GTA3 for instance, It was a massive hit for the PS2 and now there bringing it out on the xbox this month, theyve made new missions and the graphics have been improved as well as the gameplay and control options.

XBOX was made to improve games and make new and better games than ever before. The xbox has real talent and I have high hopes for it.

Im sure theyll bring out thousands of brilliant titles whether there re-releases or game exclusives. Halo has been ultra successfull, it may even be the best game ever invented, they are even making a film on it, AMAZING!

Halo has everything, massive levels, great graphics, sound and gameplay. You would never see a game this good come out on the PS2 because the console simply doesnt have the power to play games this big.

Game List:

HALO
DEAD OR ALIVE 3
AMPED
ODDWORLD
PGR
GTA3
MAX PAYNE
SIMPSONS ROAD RAGE
COLIN McRAE 3

and many more. In the future many great games will be coming to your T.V screens and im sure theyll be great.

Id reccommend the NINTENDO GAMECUBE for the younger crowds from 5-11 year olds, im 12 and I love my cuddely xbox, its great, all the games are perfect in every way, especially HALO! The NINTENDO GAMECUBE does have some great games but id still reccommend it for younger people, games like Luigis Mansion, Sonic and Super smash bros deffinetly belong on the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and not on any other console(can you just imagine them coming out on the xbox!)

The decision is up to you and dont let your friends convince you into getting a PS2 when you had your eyes set on a lovely xbox, do whats right for you!!!
Thu 11/04/02 at 08:20
Why is jackass always going on about "the great battle" and "who will become #1". It doesnt matter as long as you like the console that you have, and if you enjoy playing on it then it doesnt really matter whos number one.
Thu 11/04/02 at 08:15
There all good consoles made by three really rich blokes and I don't mind who reaches number one.
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:05
I dont care if the xbox isnt the most popular console or doesnt have the best games, It just depends on taste and what games you like. I love computers and like fighting and more mature games, thats why I bought an xbox, The nintendo Gamecube is more for kiddy games and is aimed for younger buyers, thats why they make games like super smash bros and sonic for the Gamecube and not the xbox. So people shoudnt really be going around saying that this console is better than that one, because it matters about opinion.
Sun 07/04/02 at 23:45
Regular
Yea, once the Xbox has a more realistic price tag (about 200 quid) a few of my mates are getting one. I'm also going to get one at this price. But not for 300 quid, even if it is only out of principle.

Microsoft have to decide if they want to sell less for more, or more for less. Of course if they sold more for less, they'd sell more games which is where they make their cash anyway. Fools.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:44
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I also think that all three consoles are great, and it just depends on your taste of which games you like that determines your favourite.

I've written loads of times which console has most games from each genre and I can't be bothered to do it again.

Personally, X-Box has the games that suit my gaming 'needs'; so naturally I will say it is my favourite console.

However, I have not yet played on a GC so that may also appeal to me more; as in other posts and threads in this forum "...WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!!".

Rza.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm not too bothered if xbox isn't the top of the pack when it comes to sales...all i care about is that microsoft and develepors will continue to support over the next 3-4 years. i reckon xbox will do a lot better once it drops its price...
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:39
Regular
Sony's consoles are blinding gamers from everything else, and always have done.

It's nice to see that at least some PS/PS2 owners are realising that, though it's a shame you had to fork out hard cash for one before you did, and more of a shame that it's taken until now for you to realise it.

What do you think Saturn owners were trying to tell you all those years back? Did you listen? Nope. What do you think Dreamcast owners were trying to get through your skulls all those months back? Did you listen? Again nope.

Third time lucky - maybe the Xbox or even the Gamecube (hey, I'd rather play a box of smarties with cuddly characters than over-hyped rubbish) will get the message through PS/PS2 owners' heads: There is a better place.

Of course I'm going to get slated for being anti-Sony, but that is simply not the case. I, along with everyone else who shares my opinion, am just simply trying to snap PS owners out of their brain-washing so that they can appreciate the better things in life. Would I be accused of anything bad if I warned you not to stand on a floor that was about to crumble? No. I'd be thanked. So don't slate me for trying to help you here either. :oP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.