GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 23:12
Regular
Matarok looks fookin superb, thank God you don't have to fight him....I hope.

The combat sstems one of the best bits about the game, being able to target different body parts is cool, love knocking the zombies heads off then slicing them in half. Finsihing them off rules as well, specially with the Turban guy cause you get double swords.

Had my first experience of the insanity effects earlier, freaky it was.

This game rules.
Fri 01/11/02 at 23:14
Regular
"Touched!"
I need the game..and timesplitters 2 and GTA:VC! too many quality titles out so little cash, i'm going to cram loads of shifts in at work next week to get some of these! can't wait!
Fri 01/11/02 at 23:15
How long have you played Tilt?

Anyway, can someone answer my Qs from my previous post.

Chars.

(:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 23:21
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:

> I chose red before knowing any of this and I am pretty glad looking at
> the other stuff!

I chose green I think, only had a real sanity effect once though, the camera angles have gone a bit nuts but earlier when I was playing suddenly I lost the top half of my body and died.... then I was okay again, freaked me out a little.

>
> Do you play as characters again after being them...like Ellia for
> instance, and would you carry on with same ammo, equipment etc.

As far as I can tell you don't, you may though not sure. I've only payed it for about 2 and a half hours, forgot to save as well, think I was on the 5th chapter.

God I really wanna tell you about a really freaky, shat pants scary moment but it'll spoil the suprise, beleive me you will cack yourself.
Sat 02/11/02 at 10:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I cant wait till I can afford it!

I looks truly fantastic!
Sat 02/11/02 at 11:24
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> God I really wanna tell you about a really freaky, shat pants scary
> moment but it'll spoil the suprise, beleive me you will cack yourself.

Lol, I'll have seen it by the end of the day. I'm scared now!

(:)
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:28
Regular
"^_^"
I am playing the 5th Chapter now and boy am I going insane. I got the best ever insanity effect though. It said my computer had crashed and that I should press Crtl + Alt + Del. LOL
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:43
"The Will of D."
One of my insanity effects actually did kill me when playing as Ellia, in one of the shrine rooms the floor bacame like quicksand and I sank under, now that was annoying. Another one happened when I used the healing amulet with Karim, during the spell the top half of my body exploded and I fell to the ground, then it went back to before I used the spell.
How do you use the Tome of Darkness using Karim? because I keep getting killed by that horror thing with the rune I want in it, I enchant my 2 swords but they don't get a hit in because he keeps hitting me.
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:49
Regular
"^_^"
The giant red monster thing? If you run close to it just keep slicing at it. Or use you circle spinnig disc thingies, enchant them first. Then you can hit it from a distance. AIM FOR THE HEAD
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:54
"The Will of D."
Thanks you gave me the idea for killing it. Chapter 6 should explain why Mr Roivas lost his head, I heard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.