GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

Thu 31/10/02 at 16:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Excellent.

Come on tommorrow!

Thu 31/10/02 at 16:24
"The Will of D."
I'm defintely going to get that game tommorow.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
I saw it in the shops today, but, I have no money at the moment :(
Thu 31/10/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Whatever!"
I may pick up the game tomorrow - I cant really afford it but what the hell!
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:39
Regular
"^_^"
I got it today... IT IS GREAT. However, I seem to keep loosing life. LOL. You will see what I mean when you get it
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:28
I have enough cash...should I buy?

Doesn't look like a game I would enjoy....but everyone loves it!

(:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 02:12
Time_Warp wrote:
> I have enough cash...should I buy?
>
> Doesn't look like a game I would enjoy....but everyone loves it!
>
> (:)

I think we're in the same boat TW, the more I read everyones praise for this game the more I want it. The "Sanity" effects are supposed to screw with your mind - I really want to check that out. Not my sort of game, but neither was Resident Evil when I first bought it on the Playstation, and I loved that game. Like RE back then, Eternal Darkness sounds too good to miss.
Fri 01/11/02 at 06:50
Zelda will make everything better.

Eternal Darkness helps though.
Fri 01/11/02 at 11:01
Regular
anyone seen mickey blue eyes?
What the he!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.