GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:54
"The Will of D."
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> Thanks you gave me the idea for killing it. Chapter 6 should explain
> why Mr Roivas lost his head, I heard.
Or is it Chapter 7?
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:55
"The Will of D."
Like my new tagline?
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:03
Regular
"^_^"
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> Like my new tagline?

Yeah it looks good. I am a bit stuck on Chapter 5 but I think there are places left for me to explore. What path did you choose. I chose the blue one!
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah! Soddy-de-soddy!

Ironicly TSP2 turned up yesterday and ED did not. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Going to see if it has arrived at my mums house in a minute.....PLEASE BE THERE!

TSP2 rocks! One of the best multiplayer games ever!
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:18
Regular
I heard that this game really shows how sounds can make a diffrence, i havent been scared by sounds in games before, so come on what sounds you hear?
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:25
Regular
"^_^"
Screams, cries, banging, footsteps following you, thhe crunch of bones. Loads of things!
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:37
Regular
Boz wrote:
> I heard that this game really shows how sounds can make a diffrence, i
> havent been scared by sounds in games before, so come on what sounds
> you hear?

The worse noise so far is in the mansion, every now and then you hear some knocking loudly on a door, beleive everytime I hear it I loose about 10 years off my life.

I recommend only playing this game at night though, much more atomsphere, scary bits seem even better at night. I only play games like Resi and this at night.
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:41
Regular
lmao, i was just reading what you said about the sounds and then my cat jumped on me, phew..missed a few heartbeats.
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:49
"The Will of D."
The quicksand effect happened again but it didn't kill me this time.
I'm am stuck and quite frustraed by the last part of Karim's chapter, I'm at the part where you have to defeat a whole army of skeletons in a cramped corridor with a green barrier, I have the spell of enchantment working on the best sword but I keep dieing because I've got little health which I an't recover as of yet unlike my magick and insanity level.
What color i the best for using an enchantment spell on a sword, the green, red or blue? I only have green and blue so far.
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:54
"The Will of D."
The first time I heard the load knocking on a door sound made me turn right around and open the door behind me, sice then I've just ignored it. If you've seen the NGC review it's got in one of the screen shots an effect of insanity that says
"An error has occured with the controller in socket 1, please connect it and try again", not only that but it happened when a whole hoarde of Zombies were on the user, LOL! Also "an error has occured with your computer please press
Ctrl, Alt, Delete".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.