GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 21:32
Regular
This game owns, just spent the last 2hr 30 mins playing it and I love it. It's so atomospheric, it really does mess with your head. One bit made me just freeze on the spot with literal fear, that one bit was scarier than the whole of Resi Evil put together, and that isn't me just chatting gob sh!te.

Don't think this game is gonna appeal to everyone though, beleive me it's very, very different to Resi Evil, more adult in a lot of ways. Not just the violence the storyline is very deep and I'm sure many won't know what the hell's going on.

Oh one thing, make sure you save your game, I took it for granted that the game would save every chapter you complete and guess what? yup it doesn't so I've gotta start again.

Anyway this game rules, welldone Nintendo for releasing such an amazing title.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:06
"The Will of D."
I've already got up to chapter 4, haven't started it yet but retried and completed Chapter 3: The Corpse God. I basically had to save at every room to make sure that I didn't have to do much to do the level again.
Oh and with 4 on 1 battles it's always good to strike and then run away and then quickly strike again. Once a few are down you can start to aim for their chest and head as to get afinishing move ready.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
"^_^"
I am playing as karim now. I love this game. When you get the big sword I love slicing them up. But those blue exploding dudes are wierd.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:15
"The Will of D."
Parr wrote:
> I am playing as karim now. I love this game. When you get the big
> sword I love slicing them up. But those blue exploding dudes are
> wierd.
Definetely, I wanted to do a finishing move on them but they exploded and hurt me. If you have wandered into the telescope room have you tried to turn the mirrors, you can't do it yet though.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:17
"The Will of D."
I like that Pious guy he's cool, even if he's dead, what the fudge is that mantarok? One of the 3 ancients?
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:18
Regular
"^_^"
I think it is, or was, a god! But it was struck down by something more powerful!
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:27
"The Will of D."
Yeah that 'Strange Split Personality Eye Woman/God' thing that I saw talk to Pious about the mantarok's essence being needed for some wierd mumbo jumbo. I don't know who to trust at the moment.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:30
I read about the paths.

Red= Harder enemies who regenerate lost...limbs

Blue= Enemies explode when killed or something

Green= Sanity meter goes down quicker

I chose red before knowing any of this and I am pretty glad looking at the other stuff!

Do you play as characters again after being them...like Ellia for instance, and would you carry on with same ammo, equipment etc.

I think I will keep this game now.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:31
"The Will of D."
Oh yeah, enough about ED at the moment. this was the first time since I turned 15 that I was able to get a 15 game/video without getting suspicious eyes looking over me, anyway it was actually the first time I tried to get anything with a 15 rating.
But for some reason they could just tell that I wasn't 15 when I was jsut about to turn 15 in a months time.

saying and reading 15 so many times makes me very sleepy....
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:33
"The Will of D."
Time_Warp wrote:
> I think I will keep this game now.
Good for you. HAVE A NICE ETERNITY IN THE ETERNAL DARKNESS OF INSANITY! MWHAAHAHAHA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.