GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:02
Regular
I just saw an advert for it on a web site, this scream came out the speakers then blood dripped down the screen and more screams and stuf and sounds like you were being transported somewhere..then it said eternal darkness, you dont play the game, the game plays with you.
God and that was only a flash advert..i really must rent this game now.
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:12
I bought it this morning. Played for 20 minutes. Working my brand new widescreen has kept me occupied, cos I am too tired to be scared witless at the moment. lol. (:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 15:40
Played it for ages now. Not a big fan at all. I thought it was so slow, repetitive and not that scary to be honest. I may as well get a refund, it seems like an ok game, but I just dont like it, thats my opinion.

Maybe I'll give it another chance...Maybe...
Fri 01/11/02 at 16:36
Time_Warp wrote:
>
> Maybe I'll give it another chance...Maybe...

Sorry to triple post, but I think I will give it another chance before you lot start hailing me with insults.

I think what put me off is when I went for about an hour without saving, and when I was Ellia, I got distracted and a swarm of zombies killed me.

BTW, what paths did you guys choose?

I chose red.
Fri 01/11/02 at 16:46
Time_Warp wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
>
> Maybe I'll give it another chance...Maybe...

I havent got it yet - will do once I finish Mario. But I have read that the first few hours are simplified to ease you into the game. After that the gameplay becomes more involving and rewarding. If you persevere a while longer you may start to enjoy it more.
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:55
I dont think I want to play to the end, so I will just play for a couple of more hours so I can review it, then take it back and get a refund at Dixons so I can buy some new jeans.

(:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 18:21
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Time_Warp wrote:
> BTW, what paths did you guys choose?
>
> I chose red.

Does it make a difference what you pick? I picked the blue one when I played.

:)
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:15
"The Will of D."
The Blue statue is HARD MODE, the red one is MEDIUM mode, and the green one is EASY.

I'm gonna start again because I was up to Ella and it got a bit too hard for me to handle.
I studied the handbook so I know how to do a finishing move on a creature.
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:17
"The Will of D."
It is awsome and some of the video footage is eye-droppingly life like. Did you know that if you hold L you can run and press R to to strike certain parts of the enemies body.
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It's a great game, and far far superior to RE in most ways, I've already played Eternal Darkness far more than RE and I only got it at 8:30 this morning ! Super game :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.