GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness = FANTASTIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:19
Regular
Managed to lock myself outta my flat today. So to pass the time, I went down town with a couple mates, and then went to my mates flat and played Eternal Darkness!

Dunno what my mates were talking about when they said it was rubbish. And STUPID comments like "It doesn't look as nice as Resi Evil!" Well durr, it hasn't got prerendered backdrops. They're proper 3D jobs.

Anyways, it's a great game. The graphics are good, the sound and voices are superb. The character movement is pretty decent for a game. The fight system is really good. The going insane is pretty wicked. Specially when you start going quite nuts, cos the camera starts to tilt and you get really odd camera angles which just add a great effect/feeling to the game.

I'll leave it there for now. Leave the rest for my review!

:)
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:07
"The Will of D."
Well as soon as I get a chance to play my game (probably Tuesday, GRRRRRR!) I will finsih Pious' chapter and go for red this time, I want a challenge in my life once in a while...
Those guardian things used to be a pain in the AS$ when I first saw them, but with Edward Roivas I can kill them easily but wasting about 10 minutes in the process.
Sun 10/11/02 at 17:50
Regular
I finished the Chattur'gah (?) path today. Funning brilliant game. I'm starting on Xello'tath (?) now.
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:59
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Still, I managed to slay that beast, thanks Tiltawhirl! I only wish now I could find chapter 8....
Sat 09/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
"^_^"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I just kept hitting him with my sword, damage fields don't do jack
> damage they just prtect you. Enchant your sword and hit that punk
> repeatedly.

Not turue, a damage field, as in the name, does inflict damage. Just not alot, yes you can hide in it, but if you are clever you can trap an enemy in it so they cannot get you.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Thanks for the tip.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:32
Regular
GnomeKiller wrote:
> I'm stuck on the guardian at the end of chapter 5.
>
> I've tried casting damage field and it makes him teleport, only thing
> is it soesn't do much else! I've forced him to teleport well over ten
> times.
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I just kept hitting him with my sword, damage fields don't do jack damage they just prtect you. Enchant your sword and hit that punk repeatedly.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I'm stuck on the guardian at the end of chapter 5.

I've tried casting damage field and it makes him teleport, only thing is it soesn't do much else! I've forced him to teleport well over ten times.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Sat 09/11/02 at 10:47
Regular
"^_^"
nah Blue is easy, I am doing green. RED is the hardest!
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:39
"The Will of D."
I beat the game on Xelo'toth level of hardness! (green Ancient) The end boss is really amazing for those of you who haven't experience one of the 3 possible endings of the game.
*Spoilers for those who haven't finished the game once*

It took about 4 tries to finish Pious off, quite hard really, but I was able to use some of my spells while he gained another shield, I also had the enchanted Gladius (the one that doesn't wear off) it works exactly the same as the Gladius but doesn't need another enchanting when it normally runs out of power.
Now I intend to go through the blue one which for some including NOM think is the hardest of them all (weird since the red choice has harder enemies...)
Fri 08/11/02 at 20:06
"High polygon count"
Aha! Sorted the git! It's not that hard after all.

(No, it wasn't a lit fart...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.