GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is sooooo great about the gamecube........that makes younge adults like it????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:53
Regular
I am here mearly to voice my own opinion on the gamecube, so if i make anyone angry whist doing so, i am apologising in advance.

The gamecube is a console made for little kiddies, comon what do games like pikmin and mario sunshine do for adults, its bloody moronic. the games on the gamecube are mainly aimed at younger kids, therefore the PS2 and the Xbox particularly, are for more mature gamers. all you people out there who have wasted thier hard earned cash for such a rubbish excuse for a 3rd generation games console, should be ashamed of theselves. the xbox is now getting a wider range of games and BETTER games than the gamecube and the PS2 has always been on top with the amount of games it has. Furthermore i would also like to say that i think that nientendo have been going backwards from the days of the super nientendo, that really was a milestone in the days of the gaming industry. since then they have been taking clasic games from the super snes and making then into some of the most ugly looking games ever seen, the latest of them being Zelda on the gamecube. The gamecube console is not even that good, apart from the lack of mature games, it can't play dvd's or audio cd's. furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some massive adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start to relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the xbox is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in the forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and find out.

why is this so?.........cos the blazze says so......peace out!!!!
Sun 03/11/02 at 13:10
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> The Legend Of Zelda: Winds Of Takuto may look strange at first, but
> let's appreciate that all we've seen are very early screenshots of the
> game - only when we see the final product can we judge. Also, the view
> has now grown on me

I think it was all stupid at the begining as they were not proper shots so they were fuzzy as well as cel shaded making things worse, the graphics have been worked on, and links eyes have changed:), and its being said to be cel shaded but 3-d cel shaded instead of 2-d cel shaded, hard to explain.

> though it won't be lacking in the great originality and gameplay of
> it's predecessors.

Some say its got the "magic" feel back from the days of the snes which the N64 seemed to of lost.

Idiot at start of post wrote:

> furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some
> massive
> adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the
> Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

Do you main the power supply? well thats hardly massive and also its so only 12 DC goes to the console.

> i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as
> good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start
> to
> relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and
> furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

GC price has dropped, i heard, and also it can go much lower as i heard they are only just losing money on it, unlike xbox losing £50 from the start and £200 now. This must mean they dropped the price for some reason, could it be the fall in sales?
Things can only get better for the GC, they have sold 10 million GC world wide and just brought another 10 million processeor of IBM, PS2 is now on 40 million, not sure if its world wide or UK only but if you think about it they had extras that GC could never have, being the first must have console of the 128 bit era and the 2 years head start.
Also if mario can up the sales of GC by 150% and imagine the amount of sales that ED, zelda, and metriod can bring.

> to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the
> xbox
> is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in
> the
> forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and
> find out.

Ok thats what you think, i think that is wrong as PS2 has won the console wars over all with the head start and also i feel that the GC will soon over take the sales of the PS2...and xbox is still getting beaten by PS1 isnt it.
The sole thing that can get xbox out of this is the xbox live package, but i think that PS2 wil doing something to combat that so it will lose its steam.

GBA is selling better than the PS2 and i think that will more or less keep them in profit so games such as mario and zelda can go for "further business opertuneites", if they can come back the way they did after the N64 with the GC imagine what can happen if they release on the same day as the other console in 5 years time.

I think that the kiddy is being used more often now as soon they will not be able to use it as more adult games are coming.
Nintendo only has to do 3 more things to be the best out there:
1. make a good internet package
2. make adult games from themselfs and 2nd party developers so they are exclusive.
3. maybe but capcom and try to get a way of having MGS and the GTA series on the GC, then they are set, rare games will be on GBA also.
Sun 03/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

>
> That may have something to do with it, but the PS2 is the best console
> for other reasons too. For starters, it has the best and biggest
> selection of games on any console, including classics such as Deus Ex,
> Grand Theft Auto III and Final Fantasy X.

Thats is true but all console have great games, im paying no attention to the amount of games as im sure many of them no one in their right mind would play, FF is coming to GC, sure not the same but its the same idea.
ive played gta3 and yes its good but some would say that mario is good, and its a no win situation as i very much dought you will see mario on PS2 or GTA3 on GC.
> I think it's been given a
> bad name purely because most fanboys are that of the PS2 (simply
> because it has the largest fanbase).

Thats what i meant, the fanboys are the sheep ones and its not PS2 fault they have them, cause you and many others are obviousley not fan boys and dont seem to use the mature thing when saying which one is best.

> People should give it a go, instead of saying it's a console for
> sheep.

I have and its not.

> I own one and like to think I have my own state of mind, and am
> fairly mature too.

Do you wish to debate that :)

> All I see on these forums is that the PS2 is for sheep

id never saw that until i said it, andi think you mis understood me, like many people do as somethings ive said in my head but not typed in :(
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:15
Bloody hell people.......has WWIII started or what!!!! do you all want to kill me or what???? all i did was make a comment and i realise that it was offensive to all you Gamecube owners out there!! well i am sorry for making all you lot get angry over a matter that is not worth people getting anry about!, haven't you people got a life to live, it seems like most of you spend most of your time in these forums, and most of your time looking up on game consoles....how sad are u lot?? i posted this topic to find out what makes all you lot out there love the gamecube....instead i get a barage of replies from unhappy people....whats going on???

you may think you have won this chat......but i aint the loser.......and you all aint the real winners. the real winners are the billionaires laughing at all you fools out there....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! yeh thats right.....go and get a life!!!!
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:31
"+ suspicious minds"
Blazze wrote:
> Bloody hell people.......has WWIII started or what!!!!

no, this happens all the time here.

> do you all want
> to kill me or what???? all i did was make a comment and i realise that
> it was offensive to all you Gamecube owners out there!!

if you realise that it was offensive, why did you say it?

> well i am
> sorry for making all you lot get angry over a matter that is not worth
> people getting anry about!

we are not angry over you'r opinion, we are angry at the way in which you chose to express yourself!

, haven't you people got a life to live, it
> seems like most of you spend most of your time in these forums, and
> most of your time looking up on game consoles....how sad are u lot??

we are quite happy doing this, we dont need some toss-off telling us we spend to much time here, and that we need to live a life. most of us have pretty reasonable social lives, and only majory post about three times a week. how sad is your life that you come onto chat forums just to agreviete people?

> i
> posted this topic to find out what makes all you lot out there love
> the gamecube....

well you coulkd have just aid : 'what is it aabout the gamecube that would make me want to buy it. instead you simply post a load of un-reaserched crap telling us how our console is a rubbish fisher price wanna be. in fact, i found no hist at all in your post of a wishing to be informed on why to buy a gamecube, exept for the badly spelt title.

instead i get a barage of replies from unhappy
> people....whats going on???

you are being moronic.

> you may think you have won this chat......but i aint the
> loser.......and you all aint the real winners.

there's no winner in a chat room, divv, there's a winner in an argument, and so far yu haven't done much to defend your point.

> the real winners are
> the billionaires laughing at all you fools out
> there....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!111

prettey good assesment of life, really, however, nothing to do with the argument.

> yeh thats right.....go and get a
> life!!!!

it seems to me, my friend, that you need a far greater social boost that any of us.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:31
Regular
Are you a gimp?
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:33
"+ suspicious minds"
sorry, in my dash to be the first i missed a few mistakes.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:38
Regular
Not you, him.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:40
Regular
Blazze wrote:
> Bloody hell people.......has WWIII started or what!!!! do you all want
> to kill me or what???? all i did was make a comment and i realise that
> it was offensive to all you Gamecube owners out there!! well i am
> sorry for making all you lot get angry over a matter that is not worth
> people getting anry about!, haven't you people got a life to live, it
> seems like most of you spend most of your time in these forums, and
> most of your time looking up on game consoles....how sad are u lot?? i
> posted this topic to find out what makes all you lot out there love
> the gamecube....instead i get a barage of replies from unhappy
> people....whats going on???
>
> you may think you have won this chat......but i aint the
> loser.......and you all aint the real winners. the real winners are
> there....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! yeh thats right.....go and get a
> life!!!!

Dear Sir,

No you haven't - you've written a generic bunch of nonsense that anyone could have written. With about 3 word changes, it could have applied to any console. I don't know whether you've ever played a Gamecube or not - but you haven't created any reasonable arguement at all.

You claim that GC games are generally childish - implying that other games are less childish. May I ask which games you play? Sony and Microsoft fans like to think that they are mature, but it is absolutely true that the vast majority of the games are very poor, and aimed at children. Flagship, popular games on PS2 or X-Box generally seem to be more "mature". However, my arguement is that a properly mature person can see through a bit of violence or a childish image, and enjoy a game for what it is. In case you're wondering, I have a GC, a PSOne and PC, and play a whole variety of games on all of them. Most of them I enjoy, a few I don't. I'll continue.

Pikmin and SMS, for example, are great games, with fans of all ages. GTA3, Halo and so on, are also great games, with plenty of fans. However, I believe that the people who make such an effort to say that "GC is childish and below me", are usually around 12 years old, and playing GTA3 because it makes them "more mature". If violence and dark images are the only things that make a game interesting to you, then I'd suggest that you aren't a very mature person.

I'll continue to enjoy the games that I enjoy playing. That's entirely up to me - if I didn't like the Gamecube, I'd sell mine, and buy another console. No-one's making you play Nintendo games. By your poor grammar and non-existant arguement, I doubt that Nintendo fans will miss you very much. Therefore, in future, please avoid annoying people for no reason by posting messages such as this one.

Seriously, did you expect any response other than the one that you were given? You say that you wanted to find out why people like the GC - that's fair enough. In that case you would have written, "Hi folks, Could you tell me what you like about the Gamecube and it's games, please?". Instead, you wrote a bunch of nonsense, and assumed from the beginning that you were right.

I'm not going to bother spending any more of my time arguing with you - I hope that no-one else can be bothered either. You are absolutely not conclusively correct - otherwise no-one would have purchased a Gamecube, and everyone would have purchased an X-Box. I think that it's impossible for either Microsoft or Nintendo to beat Sony in the current situation, since they have such a ridiculous lead, and are still outselling the other consoles by enormous amounts. Maybe I'll be proven wrong in the future. In the meantime, you have joined a long list of people I know who enjoy speaking only for the purpose of annoying and agravating other people.

Yours Faithfully,

Matthew "PinkPig" Graham
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've seen this about a hundred times before. It's called a fanboy, you find loads of them in the PS2 forum. They hide in small holes with their Reebok Classics and Adidas Green Jumpsuits and/or Man Utd strips, waiting to see what David Beckham's next haircut looks like, so they can copy it.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
> . the real winners are
> there....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Hang on. So Microsoft and Sony are suddenly not multi-billion dollar companies? Nintendo is? Odd that........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.