GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is sooooo great about the gamecube........that makes younge adults like it????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:53
Regular
I am here mearly to voice my own opinion on the gamecube, so if i make anyone angry whist doing so, i am apologising in advance.

The gamecube is a console made for little kiddies, comon what do games like pikmin and mario sunshine do for adults, its bloody moronic. the games on the gamecube are mainly aimed at younger kids, therefore the PS2 and the Xbox particularly, are for more mature gamers. all you people out there who have wasted thier hard earned cash for such a rubbish excuse for a 3rd generation games console, should be ashamed of theselves. the xbox is now getting a wider range of games and BETTER games than the gamecube and the PS2 has always been on top with the amount of games it has. Furthermore i would also like to say that i think that nientendo have been going backwards from the days of the super nientendo, that really was a milestone in the days of the gaming industry. since then they have been taking clasic games from the super snes and making then into some of the most ugly looking games ever seen, the latest of them being Zelda on the gamecube. The gamecube console is not even that good, apart from the lack of mature games, it can't play dvd's or audio cd's. furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some massive adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start to relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the xbox is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in the forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and find out.

why is this so?.........cos the blazze says so......peace out!!!!
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
50% of console owners are <18
all of them can buy mario sunshine but not GTA3 therefore moe sales can be made of Mario than GTA 3, see where im heading? More sales means bigger profit means more money means bigger budget means better games.
Therefore Mario wins
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Firstly im not gonna get into your childish 'my dads better than your dad' argument but...

The ex-box is just a PC with a much inferior catalogue of games (am i right that Halo was #1 in the ex-box charts for like 5 months? that says everything about the ex-box)

Secondly... ofcourse the Qube isnt a childs toy you under-educated naive person you, i wont even waste my breathe telling you why cos your single-mindedness wouldnt be able to grasp such a conversation.

Lastly... who actually cares what console is better anyway... we pay our money we take our choice... im yet to meet one single unhappy Qube owner.

5 things an ex-box owner might say to try to justify why they actually bought one in the first place...

1. Its a games PC but its cheaper than a PC, thats gotta be value!!
2. Halo is the best game ever, and my dad agrees so it must be true
3. Wow my ex-box is really big, it must be the best console!!
4. Its for mature people and im a very mature 14 year old so i had to get one didnt i?
5. Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are not very good so im really glad i didnt buy a Gamecube.

You're just fooling yourself, do yourself a favour and go buy a Qube... go on you know you want to :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:29
Regular
Blazze wrote:
> I am here mearly to voice my own opinion on the gamecube, so if i make
> anyone angry whist doing so, i am apologising in advance.

I'm glad you've got your opinion, and you don't mean for anyone to get annoyed, but with a view as uninformed as yours in front of me, I must set you straight.

> The gamecube is a console made for little kiddies, comon what do games
> like pikmin and mario sunshine do for adults, its bloody moronic. the
> games on the gamecube are mainly aimed at younger kids, therefore the
> PS2 and the Xbox particularly, are for more mature gamers.

Games such as Super Mario Sunshine and Pikmin are aimed at everyone, not just children. Just because they don't contain violence, death or swearing doesn't mean only children can enjoy them - it just means they're family games. I've spoken to many adults who think they're brilliant games, and this is because they're new, original and great fun to play - I suggest you try them.

Also, the PS2 and X-Box have plenty of children's games. How about Scooby-Doo, for example? The good thing about the GameCube is that it targets everyone, not just the older generation. This is why it has children's games (Donuld Duck), family games for everyone (Super Mario Sunshine) and adult games (Resident Evil) alike.

> since then they have been taking clasic games from the super snes and
> making then into some of the most ugly looking games ever seen, the
> latest of them being Zelda on the gamecube.

Everything you said before this was either opinion, or gibberish not worth commenting on. This, however, deserves another opinion. Many companies are trying cell shading now (even some X-Box and PS2 games have it) and it opens up a whole new dimension of graphics to the developer. Facial features and shadowing are just two aspects that are made so much easier with this new technique.

The Legend Of Zelda: Winds Of Takuto may look strange at first, but let's appreciate that all we've seen are very early screenshots of the game - only when we see the final product can we judge. Also, the view has now grown on me, somehow, since I first grimaced at those screenshots, and I'm now looking forward to the game as it looks as though it won't be lacking in the great originality and gameplay of it's predecessors.

> The gamecube console is not even that good, apart from the lack of
> mature games, it can't play dvd's or audio cd's.

The GameCube was built for one purpose - to play games. Playing CDs and DVDs would be turning the console into something Nintendo don't want - an expensive home entertainment machine. With the GameCube, you get what you pay for, and if you want to pay more for a sub-standard DVD/CD player you can. These extras up the price of consoles unecessarily, and without the GameCube, someone wanted a machine solely to play games would be at a loss.

> furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some massive
> adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the
> Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

I'm sorry my friend, but your information is wrong. I've owned a GameCube since launch, and there's no add-ons required at all to play these fantastic games. Unlike the X-Box, which requires a £20.00 add-on for it's oh-so-great DVD capabilities, the GameCube does what it says on the tin with no fuss at all, and at a great price, too.

> i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as
> good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start to
> relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and
> furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

It's all up to opinion, and in mine, the GameCube has the best games. Fortunately for Nintendo, more people think this about the GC, than the X-Box, which leaves your argument fairly rusty. Consoles are all about the games they can be played on, and if Nintendo keep to their usual standard, I can see things getting better and better for the GameCube.

Also, the GameCube still remains at least £30.00 cheaper than any other console - great value.

> to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the xbox
> is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in the
> forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and
> find out.

So the X-Box will have sold 40,000,000 units by next year? Yeah right. The PS2 will always be dominant, so it's between the GameCube and X-Box for second place - and Nintendo's console is winning.

Look, you seem like a decent person - you did take a bit of time over this post after all - so why not have a little respect for the GameCube? Get your facts straight, and have a harder look at the console. You'll soon see it's not that bad, and hey, you might even buy one!
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Unretired"
maddmun wrote:
> 50% of console owners are <18
> all of them can buy mario sunshine but not GTA3 therefore moe sales
> can be made of Mario than GTA 3, see where im heading? More sales
> means bigger profit means more money means bigger budget means better
> games.
> Therefore Mario wins

Actually no, every under 18 PS2 owner I know has GTA3, they just get there parents to buy it for them.

And for this narrow-minded guy, theres only one thing I can say. I dont mind him voicing his opinions, heck I voice mine enough. But you cant voice an opinion that hasnt been researched. Its just I fear, these youths who want a console for all the blood and gore denies themselves the fun of the gamecube, you arent gamers, your just sick little boys of the modern age who like to see pixelated deaths in your living room.

No-one brutal murders are on the increase, if this is how our youngsters grow up, picking the games with the most gore, thinking its fun to tap a button and see people die.

Now, grow up. Its ironic that gamecube with its "kiddy appeal" that seems to attract the more mature gamer huh?

rant over.
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Unretired"
Oh in the rush that I was to post that I made a few mistakes.
no-one = no wonder
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:31
Regular
Stupid thing is Blazze has the strange idea that he's mature.
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:44
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> 50% of console owners are <18
> all of them can buy mario sunshine but not GTA3 therefore moe sales
> can be made of Mario than GTA 3, see where im heading? More sales
> means bigger profit means more money means bigger budget means better
> games.
> Therefore Mario wins

That maybe also why mario beat unreal and hitman 2 to the top of the charts.
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:51
Regular
rabid wrote:

> Lastly... who actually cares what console is better anyway... we pay
> our money we take our choice... im yet to meet one single unhappy Qube
> owner.

Thats correct people like diffrent thinks so they buy what they want, Whne mature and kiddy words start coming in the fray is when people show they are not MATURE and start showing they are KIDDY, like the writer of this post.

> 4. Its for mature people and im a very mature 14 year old so i had to
> get one didnt i?

Lol hit the hammer on the head...or somin like that...many 12-14 year olds i talk to about the PS2 they say its for mature gamers...many 21+ i speak to hardly say its for mature kids.

> 5. Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness are not very good so im really
> glad i didnt buy a Gamecube.

If there not in to that in their head how can they be mature? i thought gorey, blood things were mature so they were best.

I see the reason why PS2 players are more the culprits of dissin other consoles is becuase they are sheep, not all of ps2 owners this "mature" people, and they saw people buying the PS2 and so they buy one too, thats why it also has a big fan base.
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:54
"The Will of D."
Blaze is just another 'spam and run' type of JAT/n00b that never comes back to see what anyone has put, because he doesn't want to face up to facts of true maturity, I don't go into the Xbox forum or PS2 forum just to rouse people up, because I am mature enough to not do anything that stupid.
Sun 03/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
Boz wrote:
> I see the reason why PS2 players are more the culprits of dissin other
> consoles is becuase they are sheep, not all of ps2 owners this
> "mature" people, and they saw people buying the PS2 and so
> they buy one too, thats why it also has a big fan base.

That may have something to do with it, but the PS2 is the best console for other reasons too. For starters, it has the best and biggest selection of games on any console, including classics such as Deus Ex, Grand Theft Auto III and Final Fantasy X. I think it's been given a bad name purely because most fanboys are that of the PS2 (simply because it has the largest fanbase).

People should give it a go, instead of saying it's a console for sheep. I own one and like to think I have my own state of mind, and am fairly mature too. All I see on these forums is that the PS2 is for sheep, and little appreciation for what great games and features it has. By going along with the crowd, and saying it's for sheep like everyone else, doesn't that make you just as bad?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.