GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is sooooo great about the gamecube........that makes younge adults like it????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:53
Regular
I am here mearly to voice my own opinion on the gamecube, so if i make anyone angry whist doing so, i am apologising in advance.

The gamecube is a console made for little kiddies, comon what do games like pikmin and mario sunshine do for adults, its bloody moronic. the games on the gamecube are mainly aimed at younger kids, therefore the PS2 and the Xbox particularly, are for more mature gamers. all you people out there who have wasted thier hard earned cash for such a rubbish excuse for a 3rd generation games console, should be ashamed of theselves. the xbox is now getting a wider range of games and BETTER games than the gamecube and the PS2 has always been on top with the amount of games it has. Furthermore i would also like to say that i think that nientendo have been going backwards from the days of the super nientendo, that really was a milestone in the days of the gaming industry. since then they have been taking clasic games from the super snes and making then into some of the most ugly looking games ever seen, the latest of them being Zelda on the gamecube. The gamecube console is not even that good, apart from the lack of mature games, it can't play dvd's or audio cd's. furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some massive adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start to relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the xbox is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in the forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and find out.

why is this so?.........cos the blazze says so......peace out!!!!
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
What is exactly wrong with 'kiddy' games anyway? I find that some ninty games, which are obviously aimed at a younger audience, provide something fresh and new from the hoard of realistic violent shoot em ups. So they have colourful graphics and cutesy characters, big deal, it doesn't mean older gamers have to be excluded from playing them because of this.

Just because some games are made with a younger audience in mind, doesn't mean people of all ages can't enjoy them.

Besides with games like:
Die Hard: Vendetta
Timesplitter 2
James Bond: Nightfire
Resident Evil series
Eternal Darkness
Hitman 2
Jedi Outcast
Metroid Prime
Medal of Honour: Frontline
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Blood Omen
Bloodrayne
Dead to Rights
Hunter: The reckoning
Soul Calibur 2
Starcraft: Ghost
Rocky
Tony Hawks 4
...and a hell of allot more 'adult' orientated games on their way to the Cube, I doubt older cube owners unwilling to try the 'kiddy' game on offer will feel left out.
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:20
Regular
althought i think we are talking to ourselfs ill say this...

I dont class games as mature or kiddy, as i play games such as pikmin, and i think im mature, and my cousin, hes 6, plays GTA3...and i would call him kiddy.

when people say mature and kiddy i think its more of the type of games you like, i play GTA3 on my PC and i play pikmin on my N64, i find them good for other reasons. GTA3 is good as i like just to pick up a gun and go and kill, while i like games such as pikmin as i need to think more to get where i want to go. So both are fun.

In my mind i prefer games where you have to think what you are doing, such as mario and starfox becuase when you do it you feel as you have acomplised something, while on GTA3 is a more of a quick game if you have 5 mins to spare cause you can just kill.

I wasnt sure if you were a fan of PS2 or xbox, or both... i think you are more of a fan of PS2 as they havent got many "kiddy" games and you feel left out with microsoft getting rare.

And hasnt that proven kiddy games are good, microsoft paying all that money, if they werent he could say, "no you keep banjo, nintendo"
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:20
hi ive just got here
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:23
Regular
who ever started this topic...could you name the mature games that are on the PS2 that are worth having.

*prepares for GTA3 to be top of list*
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Boz wrote:
> i play pikmin on my N64,

Wha...........?

:)
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:38
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Boz wrote:
> i play pikmin on my N64,
>
> Wha...........?
>
> :)

err..yeah thats right on my '64....idoit of the week does sound right for me :)

also is it true that theres only one copy of a zelda game that was on the nes and was planned to be put on BGC and theres only one copy in nintendo hq?
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:39
you cant play gamecube games on the n64
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:43
Regular
Welsh Lad Tom wrote:
> you cant play gamecube games on the n64

damn no wonder pikmin keeps crashing
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:17
Regular
this is obviously a backfired GAD attempt which hes too embarrased to back up. Or he's just hoping he wins and doesn't care what people think
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:20
Regular
Or he posted it and ran.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.