GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is sooooo great about the gamecube........that makes younge adults like it????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:53
Regular
I am here mearly to voice my own opinion on the gamecube, so if i make anyone angry whist doing so, i am apologising in advance.

The gamecube is a console made for little kiddies, comon what do games like pikmin and mario sunshine do for adults, its bloody moronic. the games on the gamecube are mainly aimed at younger kids, therefore the PS2 and the Xbox particularly, are for more mature gamers. all you people out there who have wasted thier hard earned cash for such a rubbish excuse for a 3rd generation games console, should be ashamed of theselves. the xbox is now getting a wider range of games and BETTER games than the gamecube and the PS2 has always been on top with the amount of games it has. Furthermore i would also like to say that i think that nientendo have been going backwards from the days of the super nientendo, that really was a milestone in the days of the gaming industry. since then they have been taking clasic games from the super snes and making then into some of the most ugly looking games ever seen, the latest of them being Zelda on the gamecube. The gamecube console is not even that good, apart from the lack of mature games, it can't play dvd's or audio cd's. furthermore although the console is small.....doesn't have some massive adaptor u need to attact to the console before it works, whereas the Xbox and the Ps2 already have the adaptor built inside them.

i have just stated the point of my argument, and i think this is as good as it will ever get for the gamecube......as people will start to relise that the xbox and the ps2 are much better options and furthermore they are all now around the same price region.

to conclude my debate i will like to state that i think that the xbox is the best console on the market and it will overtake the Ps2 in the forthcoming year.......you don't believe me?.........just wait and find out.

why is this so?.........cos the blazze says so......peace out!!!!
Mon 04/11/02 at 23:10
Regular
Blazze wrote:
> Bloody hell people.......has WWIII started or what!!!! do you all want
> to kill me or what???? all i did was make a comment and i realise that
> it was offensive to all you Gamecube owners out there!! well i am
> sorry for making all you lot get angry over a matter that is not worth
> people getting anry about!, haven't you people got a life to live, it
> seems like most of you spend most of your time in these forums, and
> most of your time looking up on game consoles....how sad are u lot?? i
> posted this topic to find out what makes all you lot out there love
> the gamecube....instead i get a barage of replies from unhappy
> people....whats going on???

Well if you wanted information, Blazze, it certainly wasn't clear. You need to think a lot about how you post in future if that was just a casual request for knowledge. I, for one, wasn't enraged by your post - I just though it was a little poorly thought out. I gave you some information so your view would be more educated. If you want games info, you simply have to ask.

> you may think you have won this chat......but i aint the
> loser.......and you all aint the real winners. the real winners are
> the billionaires laughing at all you fools out
> there....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! yeh thats right.....go and get a
> life!!!!

Billionaires? Nintendo are the richest company in gaming, you 'fool'.
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:33
And after saying all that, Resident Evil comes out with all it's blood, gore and terrifying zombies... Are you saying that the 15 certificate means that 8 yr olds can play it?
The gamecube is aimed at all kinds of ages of people, it's just that the 'kiddie' games have come out first. They'r not really kiddie games, i would go out and buy them, if I had the money!
Are you saying that the games that the games that are coming out now - eternal darkness, metroid prime are suitable for children to play?
You say that the X-box and PS2 is better than the gamecube? Well may I remind you that the gamecube now has more producers (roughly the same as X-box and PS2)to make more great games so I think the standard for all three consoles will be about the same.
To be honest, I couldn't really care less that the gamecube can't play CD's or DVD's for that matter. The fact being that for the past 5 years (like most people i suspect) I have had a CD player of my own that sits in my room and works perfectly. And I have a DVD player sitting downstairs in my living room.
I love the Gamecube because it's cute, small, and does have great gameplay and graphics if you buy the right games. I'd say the say the same about the PS2 and the X-box, my brother has a PS2 and the games he has are great. Unfortunatley the X-box put me off because of it's immense size - I didn't have a space small enough in my room to put it!
The Gamecube is a fun little toy that plays great games - isn't that what a games console is s'posed to be?
What you've done is to completely ignor the fact that the Gamecube is at least a year younger than the other two consoles. Of course the Gamecube hasn't got many great games on it yet - because it hasn't been out for that long. The games it has at the moment are a brilliant stepping stone to greater games of the future.
Maybe you should take this into consideration before telling us what you think.
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:16
And after saying all that, Resident Evil comes out with all it's blood, gore and terrifying zombies... Are you saying that the 15 certificate means that 8 yr olds can play it?
The gamecube is aimed at all kinds of ages of people, it's just that the 'kiddie' games have come out first. They'r not really kiddie games, i would go out and buy them, if I had the money!
Are you saying that the games that the games that are coming out now - eternal darkness, metroid prime are suitable for children to play?
You say that the X-box and PS2 is better than the gamecube? Well may I remind you that the gamecube now has more game-makers (can't remember the exact word right now)
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
Blazze wrote:
>
go and get a
> life!!!!

Says the guy who takes the time out of his life to log onto a chat room and sl*g (why can't I say sl*g? it's hardly offensive)other peoples consoles off.

Grow up child, you'll never get anywhere in life if you carry on like this.
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:04
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:

> Its this battle for matureness that leads to the anti-kid attitude,
> there old toys will become uncool. Nintendo's reputation as a
> "kiddy console" will get to them. "EH get a PS2 or Xbox
> Gamecubes are for kids!" and for them to own a childish item
> would be utterly uncool and they would be the riddicule of all there
> mates!..
>
> The truth is, ironically. Like I have stated before is that generally
> its the more mature gamer who see's past the "kiddy"
> reputation and finds that the gamecube is fun.

Thats the truest statement ive read so far on these forums.
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:03
Regular
i completed super mario world when i was 8 years old (same year i got my snes) but then again, i am a superb gamer
Sun 03/11/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Unretired"
I would leave the "fanboys" alone.

Its all down to peer pressure and puberty. With 12-14 year olds you get the mental instabillity, the "I will act older than I am" faze, where drinking beer and doing things generally adults would do will make you feel more secure in yourself, next is peer pressure, "I've got the latest MAN U t-shirt, and you havnt!"
*child runs off home to get money to buy one*.

Its this battle for matureness that leads to the anti-kid attitude, there old toys will become uncool. Nintendo's reputation as a "kiddy console" will get to them. "EH get a PS2 or Xbox Gamecubes are for kids!" and for them to own a childish item would be utterly uncool and they would be the riddicule of all there mates!..

The truth is, ironically. Like I have stated before is that generally its the more mature gamer who see's past the "kiddy" reputation and finds that the gamecube is fun.

But saying that, gamecube is perfect for children too.

And for the comments on the x-box, does he realize most of the gorey games in the long term run are being ported to gamecube?
Also does he realize PS2 titles are being improved for the gamecube?

Nope...
Sun 03/11/02 at 15:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sonic Adventure 2 was released last year.
Sun 03/11/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Balls"
well she is 7, and thet was out about 8 years ago. so... nevermind, i was just putting my point across.
Sun 03/11/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Balls"
The Elimin@to® wrote:
> morbo wrote:
> way ahead of you. 7 year old girl compleated sonic adventure 2, last
> week.
> I thought you were defending us not Blazze, she must be mature then if
> Blazze isn't.

were who. i was talking to gerrid.

have ya got me e-mails mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.