GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I love my Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/03/02 at 02:09
Regular
Yup.
I got one.
Been hammering Halo with a mate since I got it on Tuesday.
Fantastic game, if only for one feature:

Co-Op Multiplayer.
2 people, split-screen playing the full game. Not deathmatch or any silly extra like that, but 2 of you going through the game together.
I haven't seen that for a loooong time and it makes the world of difference. A fantastic idea that more games should use.

Rallisport Challenge.
Best rally game I've played on any console.
Jet Set Radio Future (or something)
Odd but good. Like Tonty Hawks without the stupid falling off every 12 seconds or big-shorted rock monkeys on the soundtrack.

So why do I like my Xbox?
Because it's quieter than my PS2, loads faster, looks better and I prefer the controllers.
The analogue sticks are in the ideal position, left one slightly higher than the right, as it should be.
Buttons are placed exactly where you need them and it's a top design.

Microsoft have the money to stay the distance.
Sony has had exclusive market to the Gen X gamers, nothing to balance it off, except now there is the Xbox.
And I think that's only a good thing.
A lot of titles are going to be multi-format, which negates the "I must get PS2 for this game!" because you can get or will be able to get, the major Sony titles on the Xbox.
I like the idea that a game can be played on either system, creates a level playing field where the machines compete on equal footing.

I'm not knocking Sony,I'm a devout fan of the PS2 and PSX, but I prefer the Xbox for no real reason other than I love my PC and now I get similar games on a console I can play downstairs having a smoke and pizza with mates around me,instead of hunched over a monitor.
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wow!
You're all, like, totally right!
I'm selling my Xbox so I can play a sequel to an FPS that smelt old anyway!
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:58
PDZERO will have a choice of atlease 3 chareters to play:-
Joanna
John
Velvet

And being a secret agent in the year 2029 is much better than shooting up aliens on some weired planet in the year 3000 as a foot soilder.
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:56
Regular
she was cool
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:40
YEAH!!!
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:39
Regular
howarrob wrote:
Perfect Dark Zero will take the best bits of Halo and increase them!!!

plus it will haev a woman main character
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:37
All this with the added feature of being able to use vehicles and
> have upto 16 players at once. Plus you can even mess around with options and
> rules and make your own multiplayer games up.

Perfect Dark doesn't beat
> Halo, not by a long shot.

The x-box also has more than 2 times the power of the N64:-
Just imagine what PerfectDark Zero will be like!!
Just like Halo took the best bits of PerfectDark and increased upon them, Perfect Dark Zero will take the best bits of Halo and increase them!!!

PDZERO!!!
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:21
HALO good game but not every ones cup of tea, i personally did'nt really think it was all that ground breaking, but i have to admit the graphics are good and smooth.
Sun 24/03/02 at 13:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
the ex laughing fool wrote:
> Perfect Dark has a 2 player co-op and a counter-op and a supreme multiplayer
> which makes it much better than halo.

No chance, Halo is much better in multiplayer. Besides the Co-Op mode, you have games such as Capture The Flag, King Of The Hill, Slayer, Oddball and Race.

All this with the added feature of being able to use vehicles and have upto 16 players at once. Plus you can even mess around with options and rules and make your own multiplayer games up.

Perfect Dark doesn't beat Halo, not by a long shot.
Sun 24/03/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> I haven't played a decent Star Wars game yet, regardless of platform.

You should try X-Wing : Rebel Allience for the PC?... It's getting on a bit now, but still worth a blast... (and its a part of Lucasarts budget range)
Sun 24/03/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
My brothers got Jet set radio on his Dreamcast, which is so good. JSRF looks even better, I wish they would release it on PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.