GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I love my Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/03/02 at 02:09
Regular
Yup.
I got one.
Been hammering Halo with a mate since I got it on Tuesday.
Fantastic game, if only for one feature:

Co-Op Multiplayer.
2 people, split-screen playing the full game. Not deathmatch or any silly extra like that, but 2 of you going through the game together.
I haven't seen that for a loooong time and it makes the world of difference. A fantastic idea that more games should use.

Rallisport Challenge.
Best rally game I've played on any console.
Jet Set Radio Future (or something)
Odd but good. Like Tonty Hawks without the stupid falling off every 12 seconds or big-shorted rock monkeys on the soundtrack.

So why do I like my Xbox?
Because it's quieter than my PS2, loads faster, looks better and I prefer the controllers.
The analogue sticks are in the ideal position, left one slightly higher than the right, as it should be.
Buttons are placed exactly where you need them and it's a top design.

Microsoft have the money to stay the distance.
Sony has had exclusive market to the Gen X gamers, nothing to balance it off, except now there is the Xbox.
And I think that's only a good thing.
A lot of titles are going to be multi-format, which negates the "I must get PS2 for this game!" because you can get or will be able to get, the major Sony titles on the Xbox.
I like the idea that a game can be played on either system, creates a level playing field where the machines compete on equal footing.

I'm not knocking Sony,I'm a devout fan of the PS2 and PSX, but I prefer the Xbox for no real reason other than I love my PC and now I get similar games on a console I can play downstairs having a smoke and pizza with mates around me,instead of hunched over a monitor.
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
Silent85 wrote:
> i think the gc will get lack of third party support after a while and trust me I
> have researched for ages about the 2 new consoles

Lack of support? It has more support then either of the other consoles. You obviously haven't researched enough lol.

Buy an XBox. Up to you. Just don't talk crap.
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:35
i think the gc will get lack of third party support after a while and trust me I have researched for ages about the 2 new consoles
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> ok guys stop braging on about it too much as i can't get one and its just
> anonying when people go on about it.

Your not missing out on much (in my opinion) mate.
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:30
Mr. Furby wrote:
> ok guys stop braging on about it too much as i can't get one and its just
> anonying when people go on about it.

Sorry my son
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:29
ok guys stop braging on about it too much as i can't get one and its just anonying when people go on about it.
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:27
I am getting the x-box on saturday cant wait, I was totally against the x-box at first but the more I saw it and played the more I loved it. I was originally goin to get a gc for my ps2 lol oh well
Wed 27/03/02 at 01:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
Respect to all the people who are liking their XBox consoles. Thats what gaming is about, 'fun'. I keep trying to give it a chance but every game I have played I just haven't become attached to.

Every day I read another reason to get a Gamecube. More and more news of what games are going to it. Rockstar and DMA are again in talks with Nintendo about a port over for GTA3 (well, I picked this up from the Bloomsberg machine). Couple of days ago Timesplitters2 looks more and more GC bound.

Still, I take nothing away from the XBox when I play it, there is more fun in my NES or SNES at home to spend 300 quid on getting another console. I am ignoring who it is made by, and looking at what it does in this post.

Halo -Near perfect, but just not my cup of tea in the form of the missions, and the levels do look amazing, but they are too big :( Apart from that, this is a very very good game. If the console was cheaper, it would be worth buying to get this.

Jet Set Radio Future -Doesn't mark the original on the Dreamcast, I expected it excel past it, but sadly no.

Rallisport Challenge -Really hate rally games -nuffsaid

Project Gotham Racing -I would buy this if I had the console, because it carries the certain 'MSR' feel to it, which is enough to make any racer worth buying.

Goatboy likes the control, fair enough. Sadly, they don't bond well with my hands so that just isn't fair.

What else on the Box. Well, Microsoft called it an official success launch, however is reported to have only sold 78,000 units in Europe, which is probably why Sony and Nintendo are phoning each other up and giggling like little school girls. Looking forward to the GameCubes launch are pre-launch. Nintendo better get that right.

*I predict Sony and Nintendo working together within the next two years*

Just another er-prediction.
:)
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thing is, what some of you are saying is all speculation and expectation. Just cause Perfect Dark was good doesn't mean that the new game is going to be made of God's love juice !

Anyway, I think the way Halo goes about things is great and a nice change. Sometimes its nice to have a break from being one man army, earths only hope. You play a strong character in Halo, but it brings in marines alongside you so you don't feel the future of human existance rests solely on your shoulders.
Joanna Dark is basically Rare's futuristic female answer to Bond.

In Halo, you tend to actually care about the squad around you. I don't remember caring about too many characters fates in Perfect Dark. In Halo, I was doing my best to keep my squad alive, they have character to them. Elvis the Alien can stay where he is I think.
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:07
Regular
Wo...Goatboy is back...You better not leave again,the place has been invaded by yokels.

Don't make me sit on your face.
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:06
X-box! I feel sorry for the people who brought it on the release date, I not being rude or anything, but I think it a little sad and maybe, I buy one not right not just to see what it like!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.