GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox outselling Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 19:03
Regular
Last week the XBox overtook the Cube in sales in GB. Now there are (only) 3000 more XBoxes around than Cubes. This is due to the excellent offer the XBox has (2 games for free).

Nintendo have to cut prices and/0r add a free killer game, like they did with the Mario/Goldeneye N64s.

They have to do it before Christmas, or else they'll take a pounding.
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Last week the XBox overtook the Cube in sales in GB. Now there are (only) 3000 more XBoxes around than Cubes. This is due to the excellent offer the XBox has (2 games for free).

Nintendo have to cut prices and/0r add a free killer game, like they did with the Mario/Goldeneye N64s.

They have to do it before Christmas, or else they'll take a pounding.
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:05
Regular
Pish. Not everyone can afford to just give relativly new games away for free with their consoles.

Theres no question about it you know, eventually Microsoft WILL rule the games industry. In business money will do everything.
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes but for now, a price cut might be nice - don't forget Nitnendo has the GBA too......
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:45
Regular
you're kinda contradicting yourself...
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:10
Regular
mario with GC is the start.

also look at this :
http://vote.sparklit.com/poll.spark/685214

LMFAO.
Thu 07/11/02 at 17:31
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Thu 07/11/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Unretired"
Well, you can blame me for adding 1 more to the sales of X-boxes soon, c'mon this offer is just too good to refuse.

Even if the x-box has overtaken cube in sales why the hell will nintendo fail? as long as the billions of GC and GBA owners keep buying games nintendo will be fine.
Thu 07/11/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Microsoft was losing a hell of alot of money with the last price cuts on the xbox, now they'll lose even more! Basically, their aim is to get a big fanbase, and then make money back on software sales, which is a pretty goos stratergy. In order to compete, GC must be lowered, sure Ninty will lose money, but more people will have a GC, meaning more software sales. Hopefully.
Thu 07/11/02 at 20:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can't understand the recent sudden rush to buy an XBox?! I know its an excellent deal, but I am not prepared to spend £160 non-existent pounds on a console that in my opinion dosen't offer naything I really want! I don't miss Rare that much!
Thu 07/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
The best thing about Rare is Perfect Dark. That game Rules!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.