GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box Live, not so popular?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/11/02 at 13:42
Regular
Look at the results from this poll:

----------------

Will you be going online with your consoles in the next couple of months?

Yes, on the GameCube 12.74% 952
Yes, on the PlayStation2 16.14% 1206
Yes, on the Xbox 10.28% 768
Yes, on more than one 7.19% 537
No, not this year 53.66% 4010
TOTAL VOTES 7473

Less people are going online with the X-box then the GC!?
Mon 11/11/02 at 16:05
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Considering the PS2 has already gone online in Japan with FF, you
> would appear to be pretty clueless Mr belldandy
>
> ~Whitestripes~
>
> Considering I made the point of saying I didn't think there were
> definite plans for this country, Mr Whitestripes, you'd appear not to
> have read what I said. FF online has actually lost Square money
> anyway...
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Doesn't that reinforce what I said? Seeing as Wookie has pointed out that there has been a date said, you would, after all, seem pretty clueless, no?

~~~Whitestripes~~~
Mon 11/11/02 at 15:29
Regular
The PS2's online plans are just one big beta test it seems.

The PS3 is meant to be almost entirely online based, offering everthing from films and shopping to games and news.

Should be interesting.
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Considering the PS2 has already gone online in Japan with FF, you
> would appear to be pretty clueless Mr belldandy
>
> ~Whitestripes~

Considering I made the point of saying I didn't think there were definite plans for this country, Mr Whitestripes, you'd appear not to have read what I said. FF online has actually lost Square money anyway...

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 10/11/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
where was the poll from?
Sun 10/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
Considering the PS2 has already gone online in Japan with FF, you would appear to be pretty clueless Mr belldandy

~Whitestripes~
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:29
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> Are Sony doing a Beta and when did they announce this ? Wasn't in the
> last OPS2 mag a I bought - that ws the one before tis issue with GTA
> Vice Review in.

Sony have been beta-testing since February/March this year. It was in the mags, but many, many months ago. Arguably, Sony's plans are larger in scale than anyone else's, as they plan to eventually offer much more than just gaming.

A date was announced recently...

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk /display_messages.php?threadid=58401&forumid=135
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sorry, didn't know that about the PS2 service, even so the best I've heard they have is USSOCOM which I can't see being a Counter Strike beater.

Are Sony doing a Beta and when did they announce this ? Wasn't in the last OPS2 mag a I bought - that ws the one before tis issue with GTA Vice Review in.

Still wouldn't have stopped me selling the PS2, though it'd have been nice for sony to announce it a little earlier.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:14
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> even ignoring the fact Sony has no firm date

March 2002. Been in testing since early this year.

But regardless, this survey is worthless. 7473 votes? Out of the millions of consoles sold? It would be irrelevant even if it favoured one machine 100%.
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Belldandy wrote:
> I know what I'll be doing that
> day :)
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

I will be checking the number of people registered for ADSL at my exchange.
Sun 10/11/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well that poll's a load of c£$p isn't it ? Take a look at the figures;

Yes, on the GameCube 12.74% 952
Yes, on the PlayStation2 16.14% 1206
Yes, on the Xbox 10.28% 768
Yes, on more than one 7.19% 537
No, not this year 53.66% 4010
TOTAL VOTES 7473

53.66% is a pretty low number for starters, considering you cannot go online iwth PS2 and GC in this country this year anyway.

Nintendo have no clear idea what they are doing, so 12.74% may as well whistle for that.

16.14% for PS2 is way low, even ignoring the fact Sony has no firm date, as PS2 owners frequently remind us there are millions more PS2's in the UK than there are GC and Xbox owners - is it 2-3 million now ? If Xbox can get 10.28%, only just under 6% less than PS2, yet the PS2 has 4 times as many owners, then that's a high figure indeed.

The UK is ready for broadband, and it is ready for online play on consoles. Tough luck to Nintendo and Sony who aren't ready whatsoever in this country. Microsoft roll out the Test Drive Nov 30th, with full activation of Xbox Live on March 14th. I know what I'll be doing that day :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.