GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Dropping out"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/11/07 at 19:28
Regular
Its back! the dreaded internet dropping out again, is it just me? or are other affected?
Thu 08/11/07 at 19:28
Regular
Its back! the dreaded internet dropping out again, is it just me? or are other affected?
Thu 08/11/07 at 19:43
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Dropping out when and how exactly? I don't think other users are reporting this as a regular occurrence.
Send me you line number and I'll see if the stats reveal anything.
Thu 08/11/07 at 20:04
Regular
line dropped to you, i know of others in our village reporting same issue with other ISPs

kev
Fri 09/11/07 at 10:46
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Got your email thanks. I see support raised this as a fault with BT for you yesterday. You should get a call from our support today whether they have any news or not. If others on the same exchange are experiencing the same problem then you may want to try an encourage them to raise a fault with their ISP too, otherwise BT won't find out that it may be a general fault, such as a faulty line card.
Fri 09/11/07 at 13:37
Regular
cheers for that I will call my friends and ask them to phone thier isps
kev
Wed 14/11/07 at 10:29
Regular
Update on this
Following some technical tweeking at Freeolas end my connection is now interleaved? (dont ask) and my data rate reduced (less appears to be more) my connection is much more stable now. It appears that a MAX connection is not always the best way forward, I have an older modem router its a connexant supplied by freola and this may in fact be adding to the troubles.

However as I say things have improved Sun to Monday we had 35 losses of signal. interleaving was acticated on Sunday evening and from Monday afternoon to Wednesday Morning only 3 losses of signal but none in the last 24 hrs, so reducing the data amount and interleaving has greatly helped. In real terms reducing the data rate etc has actually speeded up my results on speed test pages? (can that be correct?)

Santa is nearly here so I have told Chocoholic (Mrs Digi) that Sanata should bring a new modem router this year! do freeola still sell modem routers? or can they recommend a suitable replacement? not a dear one santas not a millionaire since bingo stopped :-)

Kev
Wed 14/11/07 at 11:39
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Glad you connection seems more stable now.
http://freeola.com/shop/adsl-routers-uk.html for routers.
The ZyXEL P660HW-T1 is very good. I have a similar model with VOIP and it has loads of features and is very stable.
Wed 14/11/07 at 15:56
Regular
Yeah that looks good and I googled it and it gets some good right ups! I have told Mrs Digi and gaming/student son that Santa should be told of this new modem router at once!!
Cheers
Kev
Wed 14/11/07 at 18:48
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
Am I right in thinking the ZyXEL uses the Texas Instruments AR7 chipset?

If it does, there has been quite a lot of bad press recently -from 'The Register' for example and I see the ISP Zen no longer recommend/supply them.

I appreciate it's not all lines and exchanges (types of DSLAM) that are having compatibility issues, but personally I wouldn't take the gamble with an AR7.

I see Freeola also supply Thomson Speedtouch [URL]http://freeola.com/shop/speedtouch-adsl-co-3002-uk.htm[/URL] I would prefer one of them!

I've recently switched to a Speedtouch 585v6 and haven't looked back. My experience with different routers.
Wed 14/11/07 at 19:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ah no. The 660H-61 uses the Texas chipset but the one I suggest uses a Trendchip chipset as far as I'm aware.
I think the list most people are referring to is here , which lists the 660M-67 and a link to an article referring the the 660HW-61 (why do they have such confusing model numbers?) but people are mistakenly assuming all 66* routers use the same chipset.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.