GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Strike - Vote Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 22:41
Regular
Fact: It's not difficult to recruit Firemen. If they were given a big pay rise then that would be a cue for everybody else too. Taxes would rise dramatically and the economy would melt down. We would all be worse off.

I have two suggestions:

1. Train the armed forces to use up to date fire-fighting equipment and make it illegal for anybody to prevent the use of such equipment.

2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time, why not give them some more work. They could be the town watchers, pouring over cctv monitors to watch for traffic jams, fires and rowdy elements of society, and simply reporting events to the Police as necessary. That could be worth 5% on their pay. Of course they might have to be banned from doing second jobs during the day if they have to stay awake all night watching monitors.

These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a Governement adviser.

*_*
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:16
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
VenomByte wrote:
> But what we all really want to know, is what Tonty's middle name is.
>
> I think it's Flash. Or maybe Hermes.

No, my middle name is Mr Angry.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Goatboy wrote:
> Okaaay. I think the point is, road accidents happen and are
> unfortunate. Wheras a fireman's job is to intentionally place himself
> in harms way.

Thats my point, police officers are not as commonly called to do this.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:40
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I don't think they should get a pay rise, not because they're useless or pointless, but because of the indirect effects.

Eg

Firefighters get, sya 30%. So policeman want 30%. So doctors and nurses want 30%.

Therefore, strikes could theoretically happen in every public sector if the firefighters don't get their pay.

The strike? I'm not fussed. Unless my house is on fire. And theres no Green Goddess. In which case..

STRIKE? WHAT THE HELL DYA MEAN...STRIKE?
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
But what we all really want to know, is what Tonty's middle name is.

I think it's Flash. Or maybe Hermes.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:34
"You love us!"
Oh please, this thread should be renamed ‘the Devils advocate thread’!

Although with over 7 pages on the subject, I guess you could say it's mission accomplished.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:27
Regular
Tony wrote:
"I'm not telling you my surname as I want to remain anonymous."

But we all know anyyewaay
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tony wrote:
> It's probably more dangerous to be a van driver. I'm not sure though,
> but it seems to me that full time driving is a hazardous occupation.
---

*scratches head...reads again*

Okaaay. I think the point is, road accidents happen and are unfortunate. Wheras a fireman's job is to intentionally place himself in harms way.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:20
Regular
I'd say the most dangerous job is a miner, of any sort...
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> excuse me, but theirs is NOT the most dangerous job, that more than
> likely goes to the police. And don't discount the NHS, throwing
> themselves in the face of infection every day.

It's probably more dangerous to be a van driver. I'm not sure though, but it seems to me that full time driving is a hazardous occupation.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
In my personal opinion it is.

The police's job is dangerous, granted, but not as dangerous as a firemans, you are less likely to walk into a dangerous situation as a police officer.

As a side note, does anyone know if Fireman sam is on strike, and how will this affect bob and pats jobs???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.