GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Strike - Vote Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 22:41
Regular
Fact: It's not difficult to recruit Firemen. If they were given a big pay rise then that would be a cue for everybody else too. Taxes would rise dramatically and the economy would melt down. We would all be worse off.

I have two suggestions:

1. Train the armed forces to use up to date fire-fighting equipment and make it illegal for anybody to prevent the use of such equipment.

2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time, why not give them some more work. They could be the town watchers, pouring over cctv monitors to watch for traffic jams, fires and rowdy elements of society, and simply reporting events to the Police as necessary. That could be worth 5% on their pay. Of course they might have to be banned from doing second jobs during the day if they have to stay awake all night watching monitors.

These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a Governement adviser.

*_*
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
government* not governmeny or woteva crap I wrote
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I think we should do that thingy, you know, with the stuff.

What was the question? Firefighters? Oh I see!

I think they should get a payrise because the governmeny gave themselves a 41% pay rise to eat more caviar and buy more jaguars and BMW's, and the firemen only want 14% so give them it u selfish W. anchor Tony Blair.
Fri 15/11/02 at 19:44
Regular
Tony wrote:
>I'm not telling you my surname as I want to remain anonymous.

wasn't it rain some thing?
Fri 15/11/02 at 17:22
"You love us!"
Tony wrote:

> I'm just stating my honest opinion, nothing else.

**looks at the quote above**

**glances at quotes below**

This logic has no retort. End of discussion I guess.

**walks away slightly bewildered**

'As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time,'

'Many people in many walks of life face danger. e.g. van drivers'

‘It's probably more dangerous to be a van driver.’
Fri 15/11/02 at 17:22
Regular
In 30 minutes, I hope to walk to Sunbury Fire Station and ONE MORE TIME stick my finger up at the striking fire fighters!

Don't ask why, just my opinion. Greedy. That's all they are.
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Does the Party-Boy dance and sings

"La la la la...I'm off to Lundun in 3hrs for some Goaty fun"
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> Oh please, this thread should be renamed ‘the Devils advocate
> thread’!
>
> Although with over 7 pages on the subject, I guess you could say
> it's
> mission accomplished.
>
>
> er - why not toddle off somewhere else then?
>
>
> Because I find the topic rather interesting to be honest, and it's is
> also one that, for the most part, has some reasoned and remotely
> intelligent opinions in it. My only criticism is that there is no need
> to make outlandish statements in order to provoke this.

I'm just stating my honest opinion, nothing else.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:45
"You love us!"
Tony wrote:
> Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> thread’!
>
> Although with over 7 pages on the subject, I guess you could say
> it's
> mission accomplished.
>
>
> er - why not toddle off somewhere else then?

Because I find the topic rather interesting to be honest, and it's is also one that, for the most part, has some reasoned and remotely intelligent opinions in it. My only criticism is that there is no need to make outlandish statements in order to provoke this.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:44
Regular
As much as i would like to differ with our Mr Blair, i think his comment "no gov could offer the 40% increase" is bang on right. If the Firecrews had 40% more, then other services should expect a similar upgrade. I think its ironic that some 1 in the armed forces gets much less pay than the firebrigade right now. Anyway with a 40% upgrade, every 1 else would try and get it. Big increases like that for lots of people would push prices right up. Those who are less fortunate and got less pay would struggle to buy the goods in the shops, let alone cars, and a house.

And what about all those false calls - way above normal. There's more to this than meets the eye! Question is, who has motive to do this...
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:17
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> thread’!
>
> Although with over 7 pages on the subject, I guess you could say it's
> mission accomplished.

er - why not toddle off somewhere else then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.