GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Strike - Vote Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 22:41
Regular
Fact: It's not difficult to recruit Firemen. If they were given a big pay rise then that would be a cue for everybody else too. Taxes would rise dramatically and the economy would melt down. We would all be worse off.

I have two suggestions:

1. Train the armed forces to use up to date fire-fighting equipment and make it illegal for anybody to prevent the use of such equipment.

2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time, why not give them some more work. They could be the town watchers, pouring over cctv monitors to watch for traffic jams, fires and rowdy elements of society, and simply reporting events to the Police as necessary. That could be worth 5% on their pay. Of course they might have to be banned from doing second jobs during the day if they have to stay awake all night watching monitors.

These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a Governement adviser.

*_*
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mystique wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> 2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their
> time, why not give them some more work
> ******
>
> I thought most firemen(rrrrr) already have part time jobs.
> Except Fireman Sam. He's a hardcore Firefighter 24/7.

Absolutley.

#Fireman sam you cannot ignore, Sam is the hero next door#

Still got an episode or 2 of that on video somewhere.
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:57
Regular
Tony wrote:
> 2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their
> time, why not give them some more work

I thought most firemen(rrrrr) already have part time jobs.
Except Fireman Sam. He's a hardcore Firefighter 24/7.
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:48
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Tony wrote:
> These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a
> Governement adviser.

Or maybe you should keep this 24 hour a day job. ;)
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I totally agree with what you are saying there. Half the time the firefighters are just sitting around in the station, either cleaning equipment or playing cards. Furthermore a semi-skilled job should not command such a salary, regardless of how much train drivers get.
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:44
Regular
I say we make everything out of ice so we dont need firemen anymore.
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Fact: It's not difficult to recruit Firemen. If they were given a big pay rise then that would be a cue for everybody else too. Taxes would rise dramatically and the economy would melt down. We would all be worse off.

I have two suggestions:

1. Train the armed forces to use up to date fire-fighting equipment and make it illegal for anybody to prevent the use of such equipment.

2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time, why not give them some more work. They could be the town watchers, pouring over cctv monitors to watch for traffic jams, fires and rowdy elements of society, and simply reporting events to the Police as necessary. That could be worth 5% on their pay. Of course they might have to be banned from doing second jobs during the day if they have to stay awake all night watching monitors.

These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a Governement adviser.

*_*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.