GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Strike - Vote Here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 22:41
Regular
Fact: It's not difficult to recruit Firemen. If they were given a big pay rise then that would be a cue for everybody else too. Taxes would rise dramatically and the economy would melt down. We would all be worse off.

I have two suggestions:

1. Train the armed forces to use up to date fire-fighting equipment and make it illegal for anybody to prevent the use of such equipment.

2. As Firemen have nothing to do except play darts for half their time, why not give them some more work. They could be the town watchers, pouring over cctv monitors to watch for traffic jams, fires and rowdy elements of society, and simply reporting events to the Police as necessary. That could be worth 5% on their pay. Of course they might have to be banned from doing second jobs during the day if they have to stay awake all night watching monitors.

These are exceptionally good and logical ideas. Maybe I should be a Governement adviser.

*_*
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:55
"Darkness, always"
err, the monarchy makes most of its own money these days. They have become quite astute business people. Especially that Charles. Wise geezer that one.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:53
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I say, sack all the filthy ransoming terrorists we call firemen, and
> get the military in to do the job at a PAY RISE, which would put them
> on what the firemen get now.

I have a better idea, make the royal family and all the royal hangers-on firefighters instead, let them see what real work is all about.
That way we'll kill two birds with one stone; we'd have more firefighters, plus we'd be rid of the money sucking monarchy menace.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
>"Sitting around most of the day"
> Please, dont watch "London's Burning" and then toss your hat
> into the political arena.

I dont base my views on poor dramas, more the views of my family, most notably my uncle who i believe tells it like it is.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:49
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It really is a two sided coin.
We know the firemen want more money for doing a dangerous job, and many believe they should be paid more.
Yet for them to abandon their duties, putting innocent lives at risk just isn't cricket.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:46
"Darkness, always"
I say, sack all the filthy ransoming terrorists we call firemen, and get the military in to do the job at a PAY RISE, which would put them on what the firemen get now.

Sick scum.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:39
"High polygon count"
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php ?threadid=57428&forumid=423
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:33
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Our bass player is a fireman.
Does he look fit in his uniform?
;)
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mystique wrote:
> I thought most firemen(rrrrr) already have part time jobs.
--

Our bass player is a fireman.
Also a postman, teaches bass in schools and private tuition.
Because fireman's pay sucks balls.
These people are willing to risk their lives for strangers, to run into burning buildings to pull you out.
And they earn less than train drivers.

Disgraceful, and purely for the fact I've needed firemen before and owe my life to them? I say they deserve their raise.

"Sitting around most of the day"
Please, dont watch "London's Burning" and then toss your hat into the political arena.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:12
Regular
My school gym was on fire the i=other day and the firemen still came out and done it but it was those green guys.
Wed 13/11/02 at 23:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My head hurts arguing about it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.