GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
Just wondering on whether to get this game or not, as I havent managed to find the demo at all in town. I like the Metal Gear Solid games and think that Splinter Cell looks good. So is it anything like Metal Gear Solid, and are there any differences. Also with only 14 missions is this game going to be too short, what does the Lastability rating get in OXBM? Are the missions going to take 5 minutes to complete or an hour?

Suppose this could also be a thread to talk about Splinter Cell e.t.c.
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:42
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well that's not difficult, is it?! A hernia is funnier than those
> two!

I wouldn't know how funny a hernia is, as I've never had one.
It sounds like you've had first hand experience though...
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:40
Tell me what I need to know before I kill you

Thats what Sam Fisher says aint it???
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:37
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> So the bloke in the other room that is locked isn't the one I'm
> looking for.

*Waves hand*

"This isn't the bloke you're looking for..."
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:37
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> We are such a pair of comedy geniuseseses. Perhaps we should go on
> Radio 1. Be better than bloody Mark & Lard anyway...

Well that's not difficult, is it?! A hernia is funnier than those two!
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:34
Call me sad but one major thing I like about splinter cell is the main character has a proper name!

Not Solid Snake or "snake"

Makes it seem some what more real doesn't it???
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
:0)
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:33
Regular
Cheers for the info on how to do the splits, I'll give it a go tonight.
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:32
Regular
Ah!

So the bloke in the other room that is locked isn't the one I'm looking for.

I'm not sure exactly where the operation room is that you're talking about, but I'll have a look for it tonight.

This is one reason why I may not get this game, I'm crap at finding things out for myself :-(
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Your Honour wrote:
A couple of things I want to know:

> Can I just knock a guard out? If so, how? The controls listed in the
> magazine are pretty rubbish, to be honest. Also, how do I do that
> splits thing halfway up the wall?

Jump, while facing along the wall, at it and then press jump again as you get close to the wall in the air. When you reach about the centre of the corridor (in mid air) tap Y twice. It counds difficult but isn't really that difficult

> I haven't managed to find the bloke yet. I think I know where he is,
> but I'd already used my lockpick and couldn't open the door :-(

The two agents are actually dead and on two operation tables. As you get down the end of the first hall-way turn right then right again. Then on your left there will be a long window looking into a lab type thing. Go into there through the door further on. Inside this lab there's another door go through that. You'll see 2 operation tables. You;ll have to walk between them. The alarm WILL go off. Ignore it. Then you can carry on with the mission.

About your niggle with the ammo problem. There is ammo. In the room where there are two people on their computers there are a load of doors scattered around the walls of the room. Two of them are locked. The one further away from the dude in te room alone has ammo in it on the table. Open the door with the lock pick..

:0)
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:26
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Just where you like it, eh? ;-p

We are such a pair of comedy geniuseseses. Perhaps we should go on Radio 1. Be better than bloody Mark & Lard anyway...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.