GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
Just wondering on whether to get this game or not, as I havent managed to find the demo at all in town. I like the Metal Gear Solid games and think that Splinter Cell looks good. So is it anything like Metal Gear Solid, and are there any differences. Also with only 14 missions is this game going to be too short, what does the Lastability rating get in OXBM? Are the missions going to take 5 minutes to complete or an hour?

Suppose this could also be a thread to talk about Splinter Cell e.t.c.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
No! I always change channels whent he adds come on, but when "flicking" i always catch the Xbox logo at the end of it. Dam, I like seeing how good things like advertising are, the Blinx add was really well done but I only caught it once.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Got the History channel on at the moment and I've seen a new advert for Splinter Cell - twice. :-) Pretty good ad with plenty of game footage. Anyone else seen it yet ?
Thu 21/11/02 at 09:21
done it now its well good there with your night visions waiting for that first fella to start feeling his way back and then....

Wham pistol whip and he is down.
Wed 20/11/02 at 15:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
Silent85, read my post earlier.
Wed 20/11/02 at 15:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
Your Honour, if you need more help i'm here to help :0) but i'll leave you with your Splinter Cell til at least tommorow morning till i help you more :-P

That is unless you pay me enough :-D
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:01
how do you do the splits thing anyways I wanna know :(
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:54
Regular
Bacl to Splinter Cell...

On my lunch break I managed to do the splits thing. Not sure if anyone knows but if you do the same move up against a single wall (ie not in a corridor), then you jump off the wall, getting higher than you can from a normal jump.

Not sure if this will help in the main game...?

Anyway, I've found the bloke now. Dead. Bu not sure where the Communications place is that I have to find. I thought I'd worked my way up to the top level, but maybe not...
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:55
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> It sounds like you've had first hand experience though...
>
> Indeed I have, but it was when I was a kid - so I don't recall the
> pain. :-)

My god! you remember that far back :P
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:52
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:

Indeed I have, but it was when I was a kid - so I don't recall the pain. :-)
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:44
Your Honour wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well that's not difficult, is it?! A hernia is funnier than those
> two!
>
>
> I wouldn't know how funny a hernia is, as I've never had one.

I have I had to have the operation when I was five lol I was born with one so I didn't feel the pain. One question can hernia's come back to haunt you??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.