GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
Just wondering on whether to get this game or not, as I havent managed to find the demo at all in town. I like the Metal Gear Solid games and think that Splinter Cell looks good. So is it anything like Metal Gear Solid, and are there any differences. Also with only 14 missions is this game going to be too short, what does the Lastability rating get in OXBM? Are the missions going to take 5 minutes to complete or an hour?

Suppose this could also be a thread to talk about Splinter Cell e.t.c.
Fri 29/11/02 at 00:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This game rocks.
Been playing it since 8pm, redid the 1st "police station" level over when I realised I hadnt done a lot of stuff I could've done.
And Michael Ironside does the voice. Hardest actor alive.
Splinter Cell owns MGS2, without question.

Anyone know how the hell to use the laser-mic on the lift?
Thu 28/11/02 at 23:02
I should be getting this tommorow along with unreal but you never know what might happen
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:31
"slightlyshortertagl"
*reads tagline again*
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Just stopped playing it, it's great, and the instructions cover all the moves you can do - the demo - as we all guessed - was way too vague, one of the better ones is when you drop down from the splits move and can land silently instead of noisily, plus there are tons more gadgets, and the lockpick thing is different.

Bad point ? Slight graphical glitches, not as bad as in the demo, but occasional tearing is noticeable at some points.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I should be picking up Splinter Cell, Unreal Championship, the new OXM and ordering X-Box Live. :-)
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well tomorrow I should be picking up Splinter Cell, Deathrow, Controller S and the new OXM.

I can safely say I'll be having a very good Xbox weekend. :P
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Then just turn night vision on, Press X to hold your pistol and get a
> clear headshot when he walks under you.

Or just press Y and land on top of him, knocking him out cold.
Thu 28/11/02 at 18:09
Regular
"Unretired"
Splits on the demo are easy. When you start the demo, open that door and shoot the first light out when the guard walks out of view. Then press Y to jump on the wall, then press Y again to jump and I think you have to press Y again!

Then just turn night vision on, Press X to hold your pistol and get a clear headshot when he walks under you.
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:01
"High polygon count"
Had it confirmed today - I'm getting mine for Xmas. :-)
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Wah ! Splinter Cell just turned up like 5 minutes ago. Postman had left it with my neighbour !

Pretty good 'cause I only bought it off Ebay yesterday morning - £29.99 free postage,

Got to go now.......until 00:01 tonight when I shall sit on Xbox website just in case Live is available....

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.