GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
Just wondering on whether to get this game or not, as I havent managed to find the demo at all in town. I like the Metal Gear Solid games and think that Splinter Cell looks good. So is it anything like Metal Gear Solid, and are there any differences. Also with only 14 missions is this game going to be too short, what does the Lastability rating get in OXBM? Are the missions going to take 5 minutes to complete or an hour?

Suppose this could also be a thread to talk about Splinter Cell e.t.c.
Sat 30/11/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
It just has everything I want from a game. Action. stealth, tones of suspence and excitment, gadgets, unbelievavle graphics...

Loving every minute of it but that download level option is taunting me.
Sat 30/11/02 at 12:41
Regular
High praise indeed. Hopefully, I'll be picking it up next week. Reading what everyone has said, I can't wait to get my hands on it. :-)
Sat 30/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
My first thoughts on Splinter Cell?

I have died and gone to gaming heaven. This game is cool beyond belief.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Been playing this game and its excellent. :-) Bit of swearing though when I got to a save point with no ammo and had to get this guard out the way. Sam seemed to want to stand and look at the geezer rather than take part in some fist to jaw relations. Other than the occasional slow punch hits though, I really can't fault the game, it is the nuts in every aspect and makes MGS look pretty laughable as a stealth game.

But I'll quickly add that I'm still really looking forward to MGS: Substance - but overall, Splinter Cell definatly puts it in second place in the stealth games. Looks like Solid Snake has been rudely booted off his throne at last. ;-)

So far I've done the training mission which was fun and the first mission. Think I'll stop in a min and give Unreal a bash. Plus with X-Box Live hopefully in my possession soon, I wanna finish Mech Assault so I have access to all the mechs online. Phantom Crash has just robbed most of the hours this week. ;-)

Came close to picking up Outlaw Golf today with the other 2 games, but I refrained myself for once - I'll pick it up next week probably when I grab Ghost Recon. Oh and if anyones interested and hasn't checked it out - on Splinter Cell, goto the extras menu and you'll find a couple of trailers for Ghost Recon and XIII. The Ghost Recon one has me looking forward to next week. ;-)

Anyway, gonna go over the other posts now then get back to my games. ;-))
Fri 29/11/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Silent85 wrote:
> Is the story rich and good??
>
>
> No spoilers please.

The way the game seems to work is that the story develops as you go along, you don't actually know much beforehand apart from what the game intro gives away, something to do with Georgia delcaring war on the US is about all that's definite so far,

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 29/11/02 at 12:54
Is the story rich and good??

No spoilers please.
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
UC isn't that cool, in my opininion.
Had it on the PC for a couple of years now, it's just "run about,shoot the most and win"
No skill involved or longevity. Graphics are functional and even playing online got dull, either you had US kids that did nothing but play all day and you got owned or spent forever just running about dodging.
It's fun for about 3 days until you realise it's just a run/shoot game.

Splinter Cell is involving,skillfull,awesome graphics, your own pace etc.

Personally I'd say rent UC and get Splinter Cell.
Fri 29/11/02 at 09:46
Regular
Hmmm, it's tempting me.

But having just got Morrowind and Sega GT, and with watning UC as well as having no money and loads of uni work to do, I think I'll leave Splinter Cell for a bit...
Fri 29/11/02 at 09:17
Regular
Splinter Cell sounds like it lives up to the hype. Excellent. Another great game to buy. I just need to drag myself away from Morrowind and leave the house.
Fri 29/11/02 at 07:02
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sorry, not got that far yet, only played the training level, and the first one about halfway so far, but from what I've seen up until now it's easily beating Metal Gear Solid 2, and proves you don't need 30 minute cut scenes to make a decent plot....

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.