GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GP and Kawada love inn"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/08/06 at 21:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Or as it is otherwise known - The MLB Thread

So Yankees, as always busy around deadline day and were quite successful. Abreu and Lidle for a bunch of minor league prospects of which only Smith looks half decent. Don't know too much about Lidle to be honest but Abreu will give another strong bat and some experienced coverage for Sheffield while he's out injured (and more than likely replace him for next season) Also picked up Craig Wilson for Chacon to give us another strong bat. Had him in my MVP Baseball 2005 team as well actually. Might mean Andy Phillips doesn't get as much time as he should though which is a shame.

Red Sox and Jays did nothing and we kept hold of Cano, Melky and Phillips so a good trade deadline time all around for the Yanks
Page:
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The main problem with the Yankees line up other than of course Spot 4 and 5 is that you never know which Randy Johnson you're going to get, you'll either get the snarling, strikeout throwing Johnson or the guy that will get lit up within 3 innings. Not something you want really in the playoffs, you need to know what you're going to get and you have that with Moose and Wang.

Garcia and Garland have been poor for the White Sox

I'll admit to Papelbon as he has a funky doo but the Mets, pah, they've been rubbish as usual :-D

Is Josh still trying to claim they're as good as the Yankees? The same Yankees that have been playing without 2 of their strongest bats in the line up and have had numerous injury problems yet still have around the same record in a strong division?
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Astros weakpoint (apart from their bats) has to be the bullpen. Lidge has been lit up so many times.

Yankees have had pitching problems, White Sox have had pitching problems with their starters being on the whole expensive. I could go on.

The only real bright spots pitching wise, among others as well, have been Papelbon and the Mets starters have been good, although I doubt you'll be willing to admit that. :)
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea he should be able to teach the prospects alot, good pitcher.

Sure seems that way, there hasn't been any real stand out teams with it this year, last year the obvious ones were the Astros who had a pretty darn dominant starting 5.

Though there has been a few break out pitchers this year, Liriano i'm very impressed by and Wang proved last year was no fluke and has developed an absolute murderous sinker
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, Maddux was always going to be a short term solution but if they have some real killer prospects, there should be enough time now to bring them in.

Is it me or has everyone been suffering with pitching this season?
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Abreu's home run numbers are down but his RBI's are still pretty strong considering he was with the Phillies, they should shoot up on a Yankees team.

Good pick up for the Dodgers that for the short term.
Tue 01/08/06 at 22:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Had a quick look at Lidle. Can't see too much that is special about him. He's a winning pitcher in his career and has an 8-7 record this season. ERA is under 5 for career and this season. He'll probably need some run support on occasions.

Abreu should be a good acquistion. I think he has poor numbers this season but maybe that's down to all the trade speculation and the fact that the Phillies have been rubbish.

The Dodgers were pretty busy in the last few days, but they were on a poor run since the all star break. They have apparently the best pool of prospects to make trades so it'll be interesting to see how far they can go. Maddux should be a solid starter for them.
Tue 01/08/06 at 21:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Or as it is otherwise known - The MLB Thread

So Yankees, as always busy around deadline day and were quite successful. Abreu and Lidle for a bunch of minor league prospects of which only Smith looks half decent. Don't know too much about Lidle to be honest but Abreu will give another strong bat and some experienced coverage for Sheffield while he's out injured (and more than likely replace him for next season) Also picked up Craig Wilson for Chacon to give us another strong bat. Had him in my MVP Baseball 2005 team as well actually. Might mean Andy Phillips doesn't get as much time as he should though which is a shame.

Red Sox and Jays did nothing and we kept hold of Cano, Melky and Phillips so a good trade deadline time all around for the Yanks
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.