GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam Sale: Your picks"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/13 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
It's that time of year when thrifty PC owners rub their hands with joy, the Steam Sale has begun!

This thread is here to share your daily top picks to help others trawl through the thousands of games on offer.

Yesterday's deals are still going, so I'll start there:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (£8.03) - All of the previous games in the series are on offer, too, but they're mostly crap. Gunslinger is different. It's a great self contained story with some real cowboy action and an interesting plot.

Hotline Miami (£1.74) - weird, wonderful and more than a little messed up in the head. Own it now!

Defiance (£6.89) - at full price this was a little hit or miss. I enjoyed it, but the main missions are a bit repetitive. However, the MMO aspects mixed with loads of players online taking down huge enemies is well worth the asking price at the current rate.

Today's deals:
Just Cause 2 (£1.99) - if you haven't played this 3 year old game yet then grab it now. The open map idea was still fairly new back then but this game pulled off mountains, skydiving, zip lines on to planes and loads more OTT stuff.
Wed 17/07/13 at 21:45
"possibly impossible"
Picked up too many games, but now I have a PC that can cope with it, I thought I'd take the chance to expand my library a little.

So far I've picked up Defiance (previously had the 360 version), Tomb Raider, F1 2012 and a bunch of smaller stuff.

But now I must stop...unless the Star Wars Franchise bundle goes on sale, of course...
Wed 17/07/13 at 16:23
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Finally bought my first Steam Sale game; picked up Civ V Gold when it was 'Community Choice' as it was 75% off.

Been wanting to play it for a while, and at £7.50 even if I don't like the game it's no great loss.
Wed 17/07/13 at 13:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I've currently picked up Lords of Football (£8.49) as the concept seemed really interesting, a sort of loose take on Sims x Football Manager - expect a review in the next few weeks ;)

and DLC Quest (£0.67) because I'd heard it brought up a few times, and figured for that amount I'd be stupid not to...

Hoping VVVVVV goes down a little more, as I'd like that at some point, but other than that just keeping an eye out.
Wed 17/07/13 at 00:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Finally managed a go at FC3! Finding it rather 'buggy' at the moment!
Mon 15/07/13 at 23:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Neither does anyone else Machie, except pb ... it seems to be a collectable. It would seem that I've suddenly achieved 2 but I still can't get the game I purchased running and it isn't my system but Steam's!!!
Mon 15/07/13 at 16:30
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
I have no idea what these trading cards are, so should I sell them?

They give you badges that earn you achievements and perks. You can get between 10p and 50p for them at the moment, though and there are always people who will buy them for their collection.
Mon 15/07/13 at 15:44
Regular
I have no idea what these trading cards are, so should I sell them?
Sun 14/07/13 at 19:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Point in case....

Far Cry 3 bought at Steam Sale ... registered with Steam ... problems occur and it's registered with Uplay as well. Attempted another go at running the game!
Result ... nothing.

Steam, no!

Uplay, we're starting your game through Steam...no you're not!

Why?

Steam is temporarily unavailable!

This is what I'm hinting at .... what is the point of 2 'providers'?
Sun 14/07/13 at 16:28
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
System Shock 2 is £1.74!!!

If you haven't played it, do so....
Sun 14/07/13 at 14:52
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Just picked up Saints row the third for £12.49 including all of the addons...

I've never played one of these before, just thought it might be worth a go at that price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.