GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam Sale: Your picks"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/13 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
It's that time of year when thrifty PC owners rub their hands with joy, the Steam Sale has begun!

This thread is here to share your daily top picks to help others trawl through the thousands of games on offer.

Yesterday's deals are still going, so I'll start there:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (£8.03) - All of the previous games in the series are on offer, too, but they're mostly crap. Gunslinger is different. It's a great self contained story with some real cowboy action and an interesting plot.

Hotline Miami (£1.74) - weird, wonderful and more than a little messed up in the head. Own it now!

Defiance (£6.89) - at full price this was a little hit or miss. I enjoyed it, but the main missions are a bit repetitive. However, the MMO aspects mixed with loads of players online taking down huge enemies is well worth the asking price at the current rate.

Today's deals:
Just Cause 2 (£1.99) - if you haven't played this 3 year old game yet then grab it now. The open map idea was still fairly new back then but this game pulled off mountains, skydiving, zip lines on to planes and loads more OTT stuff.
Mon 22/07/13 at 15:39
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
DL wrote:
Just thought I'd have a quick look at Steam Sale, 2 hours left, and picked up Rage for £3.24 :¬)

Just who do you sell the Trading Cards to?

You can sell or trade to anyone on your friends list :)
Mon 22/07/13 at 15:37
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
I picked up the Half-Life Complete pack for £13.49

Comes With:
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Team Fortress Classic

I have downloaded and enjoyed all of these games
The original price is £26.99
Mon 22/07/13 at 15:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just thought I'd have a quick look at Steam Sale, 2 hours left, and picked up Rage for £3.24 :¬)

Just who do you sell the Trading Cards to?
Mon 22/07/13 at 15:25
Regular
All singleplayer games on PC drop to five pounds eventually. Why don't people just wait for them?

I'll be paying great prices for Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite a year from now
Mon 22/07/13 at 14:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Machie wrote:
GP are you still missing KSP? I just got 2 of them just now, if you'd like to complete your collection.

Thanks but I got a Kerbal Space Program card last night. I've still got a few spares but I can't do anything with them at the moment.
Mon 22/07/13 at 13:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I did pick up Metro: Last Light at a price which I found acceptable for a new PC game :¬)
Mon 22/07/13 at 10:42
"possibly impossible"
Was quite happy with some of the sales and I've picked up enough to be getting on with. Didn't get the Sonic collection but I did get Sonic CD for 99p and Sonic Generations (which is great) for £4.99.
Mon 22/07/13 at 09:07
Regular
GP are you still missing KSP? I just got 2 of them just now, if you'd like to complete your collection. Oh and 2 Torchlight II

I think I got that Star Wars pack pb. Bargain! Did you get any more good deals this summer? I noticed some people were a bit disappointed by the sale.
Mon 22/07/13 at 07:23
"possibly impossible"
If you loved the Eighties and all the sci-fi movies of that time, Far Cry Blood Dragon is on the Steam Sale and its great fun.
Sun 21/07/13 at 20:16
"possibly impossible"
Well, this is it. The last 22 hours of the sale. Some of the top games back on sale. Sort of tempted by the Sonic pack, but I don't need half the games. Wish I'd picked up the Star Wars pack last year, though. This one is a lot more expensive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.