GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam Sale: Your picks"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/13 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
It's that time of year when thrifty PC owners rub their hands with joy, the Steam Sale has begun!

This thread is here to share your daily top picks to help others trawl through the thousands of games on offer.

Yesterday's deals are still going, so I'll start there:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (£8.03) - All of the previous games in the series are on offer, too, but they're mostly crap. Gunslinger is different. It's a great self contained story with some real cowboy action and an interesting plot.

Hotline Miami (£1.74) - weird, wonderful and more than a little messed up in the head. Own it now!

Defiance (£6.89) - at full price this was a little hit or miss. I enjoyed it, but the main missions are a bit repetitive. However, the MMO aspects mixed with loads of players online taking down huge enemies is well worth the asking price at the current rate.

Today's deals:
Just Cause 2 (£1.99) - if you haven't played this 3 year old game yet then grab it now. The open map idea was still fairly new back then but this game pulled off mountains, skydiving, zip lines on to planes and loads more OTT stuff.
Sun 21/07/13 at 19:52
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
I've not seen a 'trade card' option. I've only seen 'sell' and I can't even do that until the 11th August because of the first purchase of the year/30 days period rule.

I wonder why we cant trade them. I guess Valve want to get their cut. That sucks you cant sell yet, I have saved a lot of money that way. I have 1.50 at the moment. So thats another free game.

I kinda wish I had waited until the summer to get the legendary Skyrim edition. Oh well, I'll consider it a donation to Bethesda to make more good games.
Sun 21/07/13 at 19:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've not seen a 'trade card' option. I've only seen 'sell' and I can't even do that until the 11th August because of the first purchase of the year/30 days period rule.
Sun 21/07/13 at 19:34
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
I'm only missing the Kerbal Space Program card for the set. I'm not paying for it though.

Last day of the sale. Might pick up The Cave, Retro City Rampage and Just Cause before the end unless there are some good flash sales later on.

Out of 45 cards I had 2 KSP. I hope I wasnt suppose to sell them all. Oh dear.

Yeah last day of the sale now. Not much left for me, oh except BioShock/BioShock2, although the double pack is 1p more expensive than buying separately. :S

Hopefully they'll have something nice for the Flash sales in the morning.
Sun 21/07/13 at 18:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm only missing the Kerbal Space Program card for the set. I'm not paying for it though.

Last day of the sale. Might pick up The Cave, Retro City Rampage and Just Cause before the end unless there are some good flash sales later on.
Sun 21/07/13 at 17:04
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
When was Just Cause 19p? I would have got it for that price. I ended up getting the Sonic collection. Couldn't pass it up. :)

Haha, nice one GP. Just incase anything happens to your consoles or you want to do some speedruns on Twitch.

Oh and just checked, turns out it was a bug (2 x 80%), but of course they would let you keep it at that price. It was about 14 hours ago.

I hope you still have some budget left. Tomorrow is the last day. I'm hoping they end it with a bang.

I finally got a foil trading card. It was worth a whole pound!
Sun 21/07/13 at 16:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When was Just Cause 19p? I would have got it for that price. I ended up getting the Sonic collection. Couldn't pass it up. :)
Sun 21/07/13 at 16:42
Regular
Just saw someone playing it on YT Alfonse, I think I would enjoy it too. :) I wonder what other simulation games are worth getting.

Grandprix wrote:
I've not got the Sonic games on PC yet. I'm pretty tempted by it, although I have all the games already on other consoles (multiple times). :D

Hehe I caved and got the whole franchise. I know 20 pounds is a lot, but Amazon has Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and Sonic Generations for 16 pounds each. Add the 12 other games and it's quite a nice deal.
Sun 21/07/13 at 16:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've not got the Sonic games on PC yet. I'm pretty tempted by it, although I have all the games already on other consoles (multiple times). :D
Sun 21/07/13 at 13:56
Regular
Machie wrote:
I want to know what he thinks of the Euro Truck Simulators. .

I've sunk 16 hours into Euro Truck Simulator 2 over the past two days. It's amazing
Sun 21/07/13 at 12:12
Regular
Did anyone pick up Just Cause for 19 pence? I think I should have bought a load to give out to my family and friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.