GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam Sale: Your picks"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/13 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
It's that time of year when thrifty PC owners rub their hands with joy, the Steam Sale has begun!

This thread is here to share your daily top picks to help others trawl through the thousands of games on offer.

Yesterday's deals are still going, so I'll start there:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (£8.03) - All of the previous games in the series are on offer, too, but they're mostly crap. Gunslinger is different. It's a great self contained story with some real cowboy action and an interesting plot.

Hotline Miami (£1.74) - weird, wonderful and more than a little messed up in the head. Own it now!

Defiance (£6.89) - at full price this was a little hit or miss. I enjoyed it, but the main missions are a bit repetitive. However, the MMO aspects mixed with loads of players online taking down huge enemies is well worth the asking price at the current rate.

Today's deals:
Just Cause 2 (£1.99) - if you haven't played this 3 year old game yet then grab it now. The open map idea was still fairly new back then but this game pulled off mountains, skydiving, zip lines on to planes and loads more OTT stuff.
Sun 21/07/13 at 03:32
Regular
Oh boy, now I can finally play all these Assassin's Creed games everyone has been talking about for years.

The Sonic games are all on sale GP. I guess you already have them all on their original console. 20 pounds for 14 games is pretty good.
Sat 20/07/13 at 16:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, got a budget all worked out and it feels good to have some PC games to play. Now it's finding the time to play them all.
Sat 20/07/13 at 05:47
Regular
I'm happy to see Grandprix picking up some games. I want to know what he thinks of the Euro Truck Simulators.

I picked up the Tropico collection the other day, hopefully it'll be fun

I got 19 games today, all were 75+% off. Luckily I saw what GP bought, otherwise Id have missed that Civ5 upgrade. I also got Civ4 complete edition for 3.74

I think I spent a meal for two at a Harvester worth. I'll definitely make an effort to play all of them. Mottainai ne.
Fri 19/07/13 at 23:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
How sad is this ... buy games from Steam Sale, bank them up and never ever play them ... just as you like;¬)
Fri 19/07/13 at 17:46
"possibly impossible"
It's most certainly a game to play with friends.

I'm hoping Bully is the next special in 15 minutes.

If you like strategy sim games Tropico is supposed to be good and is just about to drop off yesterday's sale. That said, they sometimes have an extra load of games that appeared before as it gets to the end.
Fri 19/07/13 at 10:58
Regular
Thank you guys. I spent enough money to get 11 cards.

Payday The Heist $3.74* anyone interested? It seems more like a game to play with friends. Any other good deals? Just a few more days left of the sale right?

I cant do pound sign on this keyboard
Thu 18/07/13 at 21:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
Finally managed a go at FC3! Finding it rather 'buggy' at the moment!

Finally picked that up myself last week, still not played it though. Got a mint copy with 2 online passes (for some strange reason?!!) for £8, thought it had to be worth a whirl for that.
Thu 18/07/13 at 21:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thought I'd leave it to the experts to explain Machie ;¬) Minimum specs are always mentioned and all are 'backward' compatible. However, older PC games will need a 'tweek' or two as Direct X changed following their release.
Thu 18/07/13 at 13:53
"possibly impossible"
They are the minimum. Windows 8 and future iterations should still be backward compatible.

I've got a few titles that were over £6 but some of them were replacements for console titles I traded in for more.
Thu 18/07/13 at 02:39
Regular
Question: I'm still on a Mac but I want to have PC games for the future. For Mac its usually just says "OSX 10.5.8 or above" but for Windows requirement its either "WIndows XP" or "VIsta / 7" etc. Are these the minimum, or can I only play these games if I have Windows XP or Vista/7? I don't want to buy a game I cant play.

Thanks guys. What games have you been buying recently? My cut off point has been a fiver, am I being a bit stingy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.