GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare to go multiformat !!! (Ninty's brace yourselfs)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
Remember the Rare Christmas card on the upwire a while back? You know the one showing all 3 consoles that hinted they may be going multiformat? Well have a read of this article :-)

Taken from PSI-2 (Unofficial PS2 magazine)

--
The Rumors began around Christmas time, but PSI2 can exclusivly reveal that rare, developers of classics such as Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie are to make the move to multiformat developers. It's known that rare are busy working on titles for gamecube including the highly anticipated Starfox Adventures and RPG monster training adventure Kameo:Elements of power. Although an official announcement is yet to be made, Sources very close to Rare have confirmed to PSI-2 that the well-respected developer will be making games for all formats including your beloved PS2, Which can only be a good thing. Rare is held in regards after such hit games as Perfect Dark and Conker's bad fur day. With the possible exception of Kameo we'd expect any other games to be new material and not ports of currently announced gamecube titles or sequels to other Rare hits, as an intended sequel to Conker's bad fur day was scrapped before it was officially announced. We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.
--

Make of it what you will, but I won't be too surprised when they officially announce it :-)

Res
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I still can't see it happening.
Put it this way and make of this what you want, IF it DID Happen:

1. Where will Nintendo stand with them, Nintendo Own a portion of Rareware-A Considerably large portion, in the region of 45%.

2. If Rareware where indeed to go Multiformat, they can kiss the following Nintendo owned tardemarks goodbye:
-Nintendo OWNS the Perfect Dark franchise.
-Nintendo OWNS the Donkey/Diddy Kong franchise and any of the characters attached to it.
-Nintendo OWNS the Starfox Franchise and any of the characters attached to it.
-Nintendo OWNS the Rareware developed Mickey Mouse Video game franchise license for the time being.
-If Rare where to develop a James Bond Title in the future, it would be Nintendo who would possibly hand them the license, like they did last time with Goldeneye.

3. Nintendo as they Own a portion of the Company, fund the development of various titles.

4. As Nintendo own a large percentage of the company, I don't think they would allow them to develop for others full stop. In fact, if it did manage to come to that situation they might do a Sony and buy the Company outright 100% making it a Nintendo studio-like Sony's Psygnosis.
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Theyve been making PC games for a while now...

Although If they start making titles for other console formats some Nintys may take offense?
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:37
Yeah, I remember reading about his somewhere, and I was happy when I read it.

I hope they do go Multi Format, then everybody would be able to play their brilliant games.
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
Remember the Rare Christmas card on the upwire a while back? You know the one showing all 3 consoles that hinted they may be going multiformat? Well have a read of this article :-)

Taken from PSI-2 (Unofficial PS2 magazine)

--
The Rumors began around Christmas time, but PSI2 can exclusivly reveal that rare, developers of classics such as Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie are to make the move to multiformat developers. It's known that rare are busy working on titles for gamecube including the highly anticipated Starfox Adventures and RPG monster training adventure Kameo:Elements of power. Although an official announcement is yet to be made, Sources very close to Rare have confirmed to PSI-2 that the well-respected developer will be making games for all formats including your beloved PS2, Which can only be a good thing. Rare is held in regards after such hit games as Perfect Dark and Conker's bad fur day. With the possible exception of Kameo we'd expect any other games to be new material and not ports of currently announced gamecube titles or sequels to other Rare hits, as an intended sequel to Conker's bad fur day was scrapped before it was officially announced. We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.
--

Make of it what you will, but I won't be too surprised when they officially announce it :-)

Res

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.