GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare to go multiformat !!! (Ninty's brace yourselfs)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
Remember the Rare Christmas card on the upwire a while back? You know the one showing all 3 consoles that hinted they may be going multiformat? Well have a read of this article :-)

Taken from PSI-2 (Unofficial PS2 magazine)

--
The Rumors began around Christmas time, but PSI2 can exclusivly reveal that rare, developers of classics such as Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie are to make the move to multiformat developers. It's known that rare are busy working on titles for gamecube including the highly anticipated Starfox Adventures and RPG monster training adventure Kameo:Elements of power. Although an official announcement is yet to be made, Sources very close to Rare have confirmed to PSI-2 that the well-respected developer will be making games for all formats including your beloved PS2, Which can only be a good thing. Rare is held in regards after such hit games as Perfect Dark and Conker's bad fur day. With the possible exception of Kameo we'd expect any other games to be new material and not ports of currently announced gamecube titles or sequels to other Rare hits, as an intended sequel to Conker's bad fur day was scrapped before it was officially announced. We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.
--

Make of it what you will, but I won't be too surprised when they officially announce it :-)

Res
Tue 12/03/02 at 10:00
Regular
Don't worry Dringo, even if Konami DO go and announce MGS2 for the Gamecube, Nintendo still own Rareware...

... for now...
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> There's 10 times as much chance of Square making Nintendo games and MGS2 coming
> to the Gamecube than there is Rare going multiformat.

So if we're allowed to
> assume that Rare ARE about to go multiformat, then we can also be looking
> forward to some interesting forthcoming announcements from Squaresoft and
> Konami...

Erm...
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Me thinks you've got Rare and Rage mixed up again. :0)

Doh!
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:51
Strafex you wanna predict some more stuff? ;)
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Wow, but what's the big deal? It's like no-one's gone multi format before. Geez...
Thu 28/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I'm gonna ask my tutor tomorrow who use to work for Rare, how much of Rare Nintendo own. I'm pretty sure that Rare aren't about to go multi!

:)
Thu 28/02/02 at 12:15
Regular
There's 10 times as much chance of Square making Nintendo games and MGS2 coming to the Gamecube than there is Rare going multiformat.

So if we're allowed to assume that Rare ARE about to go multiformat, then we can also be looking forward to some interesting forthcoming announcements from Squaresoft and Konami...
Thu 28/02/02 at 00:56
Regular
I have now upgraded my feelings on this from 'I don't care' to 'I don't give a rats-ass'
Thu 28/02/02 at 00:41
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dringo wrote:

No they own 100% of RARE I asked them they told me, Nintendo
> bought us out many many years ago now go bother somebody else.

That is
> exactly what they said.

Dringo, I think your wrong. But to back myself up-I'll let everyone know later what the deal is!
Thu 28/02/02 at 00:17
Regular
An official responce from Rare...Mind you, it is dated June 1999....

http://www.rareware.com/recent/scribes/june499.html

Scroll down a bit, its about the 4th one down.

Nintendo has a hefty stake in Rare, but doesn't actually own the company as such. We come up with our own ideas, but work closely with them on everything along the road to completion. After all, they've had a fair bit of experience down the years, wouldn't you say?

After some other research most places say Nintendo have a 25% stake in Rare.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.