GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare to go multiformat !!! (Ninty's brace yourselfs)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
Remember the Rare Christmas card on the upwire a while back? You know the one showing all 3 consoles that hinted they may be going multiformat? Well have a read of this article :-)

Taken from PSI-2 (Unofficial PS2 magazine)

--
The Rumors began around Christmas time, but PSI2 can exclusivly reveal that rare, developers of classics such as Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie are to make the move to multiformat developers. It's known that rare are busy working on titles for gamecube including the highly anticipated Starfox Adventures and RPG monster training adventure Kameo:Elements of power. Although an official announcement is yet to be made, Sources very close to Rare have confirmed to PSI-2 that the well-respected developer will be making games for all formats including your beloved PS2, Which can only be a good thing. Rare is held in regards after such hit games as Perfect Dark and Conker's bad fur day. With the possible exception of Kameo we'd expect any other games to be new material and not ports of currently announced gamecube titles or sequels to other Rare hits, as an intended sequel to Conker's bad fur day was scrapped before it was officially announced. We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.
--

Make of it what you will, but I won't be too surprised when they officially announce it :-)

Res
Mon 25/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
Me thinks you've got Rare and Rage mixed up again. :0)
Mon 25/02/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Out of interest, which PC games have Rare made lately?

I've never seen any,
> and they're not mentioned on their website.

I think Hostile Waters was their last game... (it was written by Rare, wether they have released a game sine I'm not sure)

Although over the past year I think they have release 5+ titles?
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Out of interest, which PC games have Rare made lately?

I've never seen any,
> and they're not mentioned on their website.

---

None in the last 10 years...
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:00
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> You stupid fools Nintendo have already announced they are
> not going
> multi-format.

Er, they can announce whatever the hell they
> want, it's Rare's decision and even Nintendo can contradict what Nintendo said a
> week ago.

Oh, i meant RARE said that and RARE have to buy themselves from Nintendo anyway...
Mon 25/02/02 at 12:32
Regular
RARE GOES MULTIFORMAT - 8:04AM 25/2/02

TWYCROSS - In a shock announcement today, Rareware released information on games for consoles other than Nintendo's own, who have rights and own part of Rareware.

In fact, Rareware have released quite a few games, we can now reveal, on the Spectrum.

"I'm shocked." Said a nearby gaming newbie.
Mon 25/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
"not dead"
Out of interest, which PC games have Rare made lately?

I've never seen any, and they're not mentioned on their website.
Mon 25/02/02 at 11:36
Regular
I'd certainly be very surprised. Especially since the amount of insults they give to people that believe the rumours.
Mon 25/02/02 at 10:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Smeagol, although Nintendo do own the rights to the games you quote, they wouldn't just stop Rare developing them because they go multiplatform- rather they would just only allow them to make games on their licences if they were GC exclusive. After all, that's why Ninty bought into Rare to start with.

Whether Rare will actually go multiplatform is still debatable. Personally, I thought the whole Christmas card thing was just a joke to start a few rumours. I'd like to know just where this "inside information" did come from.

Sonic
Mon 25/02/02 at 09:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Rare aren't going multi-format. End of story.
Mon 25/02/02 at 08:19
Regular
"not dead"
*Yawn*

Who cares?

Good games are good games, no matter which platform they appear on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.