GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"spam, spam eggs and spam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/12 at 16:33
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I have really been inundated with, you've guessed it - spam over the last few days. all kinds including ones with viruses attached. to various freeola email addresses. can't think why it's suddenly happening. anyone else experiencing a similar glut?
Fri 09/11/12 at 13:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
With EmailPro, it's £2 per month plus VAT for the first domain name, then £1 per month plus VAT for any additional domains, so 5 domains would only equate to £6 per month plus VAT.

As a Freeola broadband customer I recently upgraded my domain addresses to EmailPro for free :¬)
Fri 09/11/12 at 15:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Things seem much better today for me (couple of spam but no more viruses) so might be out of the woods for now? If not I take it that if I register a domain (isn't that a few quid a year?) then I can upgrade to Email-Pro for free (as part of my Freeola ADSL package). Probably got something wrong as usual but this domain malarkey is all new to me.

Thanks again for all of the comments guys, been very helpful.
Fri 09/11/12 at 16:18
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Yep, if you were to register a domain name, you would be able to use EmailPro with it free of charge as part of your broadband service. Any email addresses that you then create using that domain name would be on the EmailPro service.

It would still not be possible to use your Freeola500 email addresses with EmailPro though.

You may be able to set up Email Forwarding from your Freeola500 address to your EmailPro address on your domain, although this bypasses some (but not all) of the anti-spam protection in place.
Fri 09/11/12 at 17:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
That's great Dean, cheers. Like I said earlier things seem a lot better today so hopefully this will continue. If this problem returns, think I'll go this route.
Fri 09/11/12 at 18:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
That's great Dean, cheers. Like I said earlier things seem a lot better today so hopefully this will continue. If this problem returns, think I'll go this route.

Don't forget pete, you can have an email address from my domain if needed :¬)
Sat 10/11/12 at 09:55
"Are you sure?"
Overnight spam situation much improved for me :¬)

Over the last few days I'd been waking to around 20 or so from 'Euro Dice' or similar and this morning just the one from Euro Dice.
Unless the spammers only work weekdays! ;¬)

It would be nice to know if Freeola have implemented any changes or if it was just the providers stamping on the spammers.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 10/11/12 at 10:26
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
dean5 wrote:
With EmailPro, it's £2 per month plus VAT for the first domain name, then £1 per month plus VAT for any additional domains, so 5 domains would only equate to £6 per month plus VAT.[/i]

@dean5

this is very reasonable I agree and I will explore.

however I would also like to know is there some package like for example an upgrade to email-pro / VIP / SSL security in general for an account which caps this cost for all domains for the future

If I then decide I need VIP / email-pro / ssl security on individual domains at a later date I can see the monthly cost stacking up (and that's not including my line rental/landline/mobile phone bills!)
Sat 10/11/12 at 10:36
"Are you sure?"
Sounds good to me - perhaps throw MySQL in as well.

This could be standard for anyone with over 100 domains in their portfolio! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 10/11/12 at 10:39
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Sounds good to me - perhaps throw MySQL in as well.

This could be standard for anyone with over 100 domains in their portfolio! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

100 domains!

blimey I'm not at that level yet Hmmm...

what about 25, and before that a capped price, eh freeola? an early xmas prezzie to your "special" customers!

=;-)
Sat 10/11/12 at 12:36
"Are you sure?"
One of my clients wants to upgrade to EmailPro (they are already on Freeola ADSL so will be free for one domain).

They also use some Freeola500 addresses so I thought I would test (using my own setup) how forwarding with blacklisting works in practice.

But I didn't get very far :¬(

I picked one of my normally hosted non-EmailPro accounts and put forwarding in place to one of my EmailPro addresses.

i.e. [email protected] > me@emailprodomain.com

Before playing with blacklisting I tried a test email - nothing?
Checked my EmailPro SPAM folder in webmail - nothing.

I appreciate email isn't always immediate so tried a test to another normal and pro address - both came through fine.

Removed forwarding - another test email appeared immediately. Put fowarding back in place - nothing again?!

Tied another normal account forwarding to EmailPro - same results?

I guess it's possible that I made a typo but I've checked things.
If Freeola and/or another customer could take the time to check this it would be appreciated before I raise a Support Ticket.

Any questions please shout.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.