GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"spam, spam eggs and spam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/12 at 16:33
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I have really been inundated with, you've guessed it - spam over the last few days. all kinds including ones with viruses attached. to various freeola email addresses. can't think why it's suddenly happening. anyone else experiencing a similar glut?
Thu 08/11/12 at 22:48
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I think looking at it that is still only ADSL being offered, to my mind that is still not broadband?

anyhow...I think that's the best I can get in this area - about 7mb download =:-(

DL wrote:
webcity1 wrote:
[i]my next q. for another topic is how do I get broadband...I want broadband on Freeola please. I mean it's not like I'm living in the sticks, why can't I get it?

Try here Freeola Broadband or the link to the left of where you are looking now ;¬)[/i]
Thu 08/11/12 at 23:04
"Are you sure?"
ADSL is broadband?! Narrowband is dialup .
I guess you must be using a mobile connection or cable?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 08/11/12 at 23:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks for the info guys, suppose there's no reason I can't register a domain (don't I get one free with my Freeola ADSL connection?) and then presume I can upgrade my email address to Email-Pro? The spam maybe a pain in the bum but these viruses are really concerning, if I've got this right I'll give this option some serious consideration.
Thu 08/11/12 at 23:32
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
sorry my bad - I just always distinguish in my mind between ADSL and "proper" broadband, by which I mean equal up and download speed - dedicated cable broadband. I feel I may have jumped the gun on this as I think only people like Virgin Media offer it...

Hmmm... wrote:
ADSL is broadband?! Narrowband is dialup .
I guess you must be using a mobile connection or cable?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 08/11/12 at 23:35
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
apologies for taking this post on a diversion...to get back to the spam issue I have now upgraded a domain to email-pro. I don't seem to be receiving emails into my client at the moment...will keep this thread posted with the results re spam once I do
Thu 08/11/12 at 23:40
"Are you sure?"
@Pete
Free hosting and all the other goodies, but you have to register your domain - unless I've missed something!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 09/11/12 at 10:06
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
ok so far this morning looks very promising. the address I've upgraded to emailpro is spam free while I've had at least 4 from the usual suspects to one of my other accounts that was suffering.

I don't mind shelling out for email-pro if it's this effective as a spam filter (and of course there's the added advantage of the IMAP option) however it would be a bit more of an incentive if there was a cap e.g. if you have 5 domains, you will be shelling out approx £10 a month extra - anyone from freeola care to offer a deal =;-)
Fri 09/11/12 at 11:10
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
pete_21 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys, suppose there's no reason I can't register a domain (don't I get one free with my Freeola ADSL connection?) and then presume I can upgrade my email address to Email-Pro? The spam maybe a pain in the bum but these viruses are really concerning, if I've got this right I'll give this option some serious consideration.

You can only use your own domain name with EmailPro for technical reasons. Basically all of the Freeola500 free domains point to the MX servers used with the normal mail service. In order to use EmailPro, it needs to point to a separate set of MX servers.

If a customer using a Freeola500 domain, for example myfreeola.com, were to be switched to EmailPro, this would mean that all customers using myfreeola.com as part of their email address would also have to upgrade which isn't really feasible.

webcity1 wrote:
ok so far this morning looks very promising. the address I've upgraded to emailpro is spam free while I've had at least 4 from the usual suspects to one of my other accounts that was suffering.

I don't mind shelling out for email-pro if it's this effective as a spam filter (and of course there's the added advantage of the IMAP option) however it would be a bit more of an incentive if there was a cap e.g. if you have 5 domains, you will be shelling out approx £10 a month extra - anyone from freeola care to offer a deal =;-)

With EmailPro, it's £2 per month plus VAT for the first domain name, then £1 per month plus VAT for any additional domains, so 5 domains would only equate to £6 per month plus VAT.
Fri 09/11/12 at 11:34
"Are you sure?"
Hi dean5,
Shouldn't VAT be mentioned on the EmailPro page?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 09/11/12 at 11:56
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi dean5,
Shouldn't VAT be mentioned on the EmailPro page?

From what I understand, as the majority of services are targeted at businesses, they are advertised before VAT. I think it is just the family broadband packages that include VAT on the price advertised.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.