GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"spam, spam eggs and spam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/12 at 16:33
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I have really been inundated with, you've guessed it - spam over the last few days. all kinds including ones with viruses attached. to various freeola email addresses. can't think why it's suddenly happening. anyone else experiencing a similar glut?
Thu 08/11/12 at 09:40
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Hello,

Commenting here. I'm aware of this now and I'll make sure the Support guys are. Thanks for forwarding the emails Hmmm, I'm sure they'll be useful. Having just checked, Gerylisting is still there (it puts a link in the mail header) but I can't say whether it's working as it should yet, this will need to be looked into.

Thanks Eccles.

I've just been recommending you over on TBB while you were writing that! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 08/11/12 at 13:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just checked my accounts DL they are all Freedom, perhaps I should upgrade them? I have 3 addresses in use, 2 are completely spam free at the moment but my main account is still suffering. I am also getting multiple Euro Dice mails as well as similar ones such as Karamba (I think it's called) and the usual selection of fake watches & manhood enhancing vitamins! Just checked my webmail and it looks as though I have had another with a virus attachment in it (sender was NACHA) this morning, I have deleted that now but I could send a few in if it would be of any use? Although it would appear that I'm only getting the same crap as everyone else.
Thu 08/11/12 at 15:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Just checked my accounts DL they are all Freedom, perhaps I should upgrade them? I have 3 addresses in use, 2 are completely spam free at the moment but my main account is still suffering.

Can honestly say pete, if you have the opportunity and it is free to Freeola users, then upgrade to EmailPro. I've 6 addresses on Pro and 1 left on Freedom. Spam has been non-existent since I changed, on both strangely :¬)
Thu 08/11/12 at 17:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks for the heads up DL, will have a look into that. If email-pro is free for Freeola Broadband customers then I suppose there's no reason not to upgrade? Just had yet another spam mail with a virus attachment, that's the 3rd or 4th in the last couple of days. They seem to be of a similar type W32 Injector Trojan (YUK, YUG & YSN are the variants I've had). ESET is catching and containing them as soon as they come through but that's hardly an ideal solution. Does email-pro use a different scanning feature then or is it just pure luck as to whether or not a certain account is effected?, as I stated earlier my other 2 accounts seem fine.
Thu 08/11/12 at 17:48
"Are you sure?"
Hi pete_21,
Yes EmailPro works differently.

Info:
Did you know? Freeola EmailPro is included free of charge with any Freeola Broadband package!

With EmailPro you can blacklist (and whitelist) addresses along with other options which is useful.

Can you let me know if the upgrade route works for you as it only appears as a 'paid for' option for one on my other Freeola (ADSL + Domain) clients?

I was just about to ask Freeola about this so it will be interesting to know what you see - good timing :¬)

Ta.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 08/11/12 at 18:42
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Hmmm,

Had a quick shuffle through the available options in MyFreeola and when I click on Email-Pro it asks me for a domain to link it to (don't have one).

When I attempt to progress further I get:

''Please be aware that in order to make use of EmailPro you will need one of your own domain names. As you do not currently have any Domains Names in your Get Dotted Domain Portfolio, you either need to add a domain to your Portfolio or register a new domain name, before you can proceed. ''

The Email-Pro option does appear to be available to me in MyFreeola at no extra charge but presume I'd have to set up a domain first? Not sure why this is the case, perhaps I'm in a minority for having Freeola ADSL but not hosting? Or do I need to set up a domain I don't need (for anything else) in order to get Email-Pro? I could of course have got everything totally wrong in which case all of the above is utter nonsense!

Really sorry I couldn't be of more help, I honestly did try and submit something useful on the tech forum for once but came across this huge lack of knowing what the hell I was doing!
Thu 08/11/12 at 19:03
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
Hi Hmmm,

Had a quick shuffle through the available options in MyFreeola and when I click on Email-Pro it asks me for a domain to link it to (don't have one).

When I attempt to progress further I get:

[I]''Please be aware that in order to make use of EmailPro you will need one of your own domain names. As you do not currently have any Domains Names in your Get Dotted Domain Portfolio, you either need to add a domain to your Portfolio or register a new domain name, before you can proceed. ''

The Email-Pro option does appear to be available to me in MyFreeola at no extra charge but presume I'd have to set up a domain first? Not sure why this is the case, perhaps I'm in a minority for having Freeola ADSL but not hosting? Or do I need to set up a domain I don't need (for anything else) in order to get Email-Pro? I could of course have got everything totally wrong in which case all of the above is utter nonsense!

Really sorry I couldn't be of more help, I honestly did try and submit something useful on the tech forum for once but came across this huge lack of knowing what the hell I was doing![/i]

E-mail Pro is in fact only applicable to a domain name owned by yourself. This is likely to be the case for the foreseeable. Freedom is the alternative when using our Freeola 500 addresses, however as you rightly say this does not include such intensive spam filtering.
Thu 08/11/12 at 19:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@pete:
As chas has just said pete, you'll need to have a domain to access 'free' EmailPro. I've had a domain hosted by Freeola for years now and that's why I can offer 'email' addresses to the family and to 'friends'. I can offer you one if you want :¬D But then, I digress. EmailPro for me has, at the moment, been spam free for all addresses since I 'migrated' ;¬)
Thu 08/11/12 at 22:13
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
oooh I'm on ADSL2+ , would like broadband but as far as I remember it's not available to me for some reason...anyhow I DID NOT KNOW I could get this here email-pro free on a domain, which obvioso allows me to test this pro = less spam theory being bandied about.

sooo glad I started this topic now and thanks peeps for the tip...keeping everything crossed!

my next q. for another topic is how do I get broadband...I want broadband on Freeola please. I mean it's not like I'm living in the sticks, why can't I get it?
Thu 08/11/12 at 22:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
webcity1 wrote:
my next q. for another topic is how do I get broadband...I want broadband on Freeola please. I mean it's not like I'm living in the sticks, why can't I get it?

Try here Freeola Broadband or the link to the left of where you are looking now ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.