GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Mon 10/09/12 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Nice DL, bit of Harold Lloyd there.

Enjoying these.

Have to agree pb, they're all so good and it's been an excellent excuse for fun :¬)

It was the climbing and the time connection that made me think of him
Mon 10/09/12 at 18:29
"possibly impossible"
Nice DL, bit of Harold Lloyd there.

Enjoying these.
Mon 10/09/12 at 11:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Certainly got a good selection of entries so far, but the more the merrier ... so I've just sent another couple :¬)
Mon 10/09/12 at 00:00
"possibly impossible"
I think there's a subtle message there to change the tag line limit :)
Sun 09/09/12 at 22:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Right, just managed one more (looks like beer does refill my creative idea well after all!). Also just had a thought, best check the taglines of any submissions will actually fit on the site (think its maximum of 19 letters).
Sun 09/09/12 at 14:51
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
pete_21 wrote:
Dean, so your colleagues could possibly pick the one they think you will be least happy being stuck with?

Pretty much...

pete_21 wrote:
Are any staff going to have a stab at this?

I've created another one, although I couldn't really think of a decent tagline. It's only me and Numnut today, but I'll ask him if he has any ideas for it.
Sun 09/09/12 at 12:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Some good stuff there guys.

Dean, so your colleagues could possibly pick the one they think you will be least happy being stuck with?

DL, glad you seemed to enjoy my ramblings :)

EDIT: Just done another, reckon that's my creative well completely dry now. Are any staff going to have a stab at this?
Sun 09/09/12 at 10:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Some amazing avatars in the pot now ... keep those creative juices flowing :¬)
Sun 09/09/12 at 10:11
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
I've been through and added the new submissions from Friday evening so they should be showing now.

To be honest pete_21, I don't think I'm going to have a lot of say over the winner. If I know the Freeola Force, I think everyone else will edge towards the ones that make me look as stupid as possible (hint I guess). Affectionately obviously (I hope).

Amazing design pb. I really do not have a god complex though! :)
Sun 09/09/12 at 01:40
Regular
el oh ell/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.