GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Thu 13/09/12 at 10:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Added them, but was saddened by the last one.

ED-209 is not pleased at this upstart 'ED-205' stealing his thunder.

I believe if he was here he would probably be giving you a rather difficult time-based decision on whether or not to comply.
Thu 13/09/12 at 10:04
"possibly impossible"
3 more from me heading your way!
Thu 13/09/12 at 09:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Last entries are excellent pb, pete and WH :¬) We're getting quite a good spread now ... got a few to come, soon.
Thu 13/09/12 at 09:46
"possibly impossible"
Loved your last one, Pete. Getting better all the time.
Thu 13/09/12 at 09:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Back in the office today, so I'll upload the new entries. Not sure why it wasn't done yesterday, I'll ask around... :D

Also, it's not really that I've 'instigated' (really?) a once a day thing, more so that I'll do it when I can.

I always have the forum window open on my second monitor, but when designing graphics or a website the last thing I want to do is get distracted, so I often work out a 'down time' to come on and have a proper read.

Also I even did 3 entries myself. Thinking up a few more too. Although trying to think outside the office so you guys might enjoy them too.
Tue 11/09/12 at 20:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one pete ... I've got another few ideas bubbling away, so I'll post as soon as the juices hit the fan :¬)

It's a shame that WH has instigated a 'one upload session a day' depending on how busy he is ... it would be nice to see them as they happen, as they are posted so to speak (such as yours)!

But never mind, I'll probably be gently reminded that there are more important things to do than focus on this entertaining and engrossing exercise!

It's good fun WH, for goodness sake ;¬)
Tue 11/09/12 at 19:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just sent another in, fear that I'm starting to scrape the bottom of my creative barrel. Don't think I'm very good at this kind of thing at all TBH but have found it pretty good fun.
Tue 11/09/12 at 14:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
There, all updated for today. Anything that comes through will be added to the site in one sitting per day (unless I have some spare time to add others).

Also added some of my own for comedy value..... bonus nod if anyone can reference the source of the first 2 (lower two on the site).
Tue 11/09/12 at 13:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Looking forward to seeing some more aswell pb, the 'juices' may flow again soon!
I do notice that I seem to have 'duplicate avatars' on the page at the moment though.
Tue 11/09/12 at 11:42
"possibly impossible"
No more page updates yet? Hopefully see some more entries up there soon, including another one from me that I sent in yesterday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.