GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Fri 07/09/12 at 21:43
"possibly impossible"
Well that's my idea done and dusted.

Probably not very original, though.
Fri 07/09/12 at 20:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
It's all good stuff so far ... at last we're getting some entries, so let's all keep 'creating' away until the 19th!

If you don't win, it's still a good exercise for creating your own avatar :¬)

EDIT: Nice one pete ... now I've seen it!
Fri 07/09/12 at 20:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
dean5 wrote:
The operator looks pretty worried there though, there must be something scary on the other side of the phone?

That's the look I visualize you guys have if my number comes up on your switchboard.
Fri 07/09/12 at 19:09
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Wow, I wish they did let us answer calls outside in the sun. The operator looks pretty worried there though, there must be something scary on the other side of the phone?
Fri 07/09/12 at 17:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
Ahhh it was a cliff. I thought it was an upside down lighthouse... :S

Cliff!!!! haha It's an overhang in Yosemite circa early 1950's
Fri 07/09/12 at 17:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Right, nearly finished my effort. I took Dean's vocation, mixed it with his favourite death defying pastime, threw in a touch of modern art and then finished it off with a cheesey tagline, the result was...
Fri 07/09/12 at 16:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahhh it was a cliff. I thought it was an upside down lighthouse... :S
Fri 07/09/12 at 15:53
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
They've come through now DL and I've added them. I think that the cliff one is really good (made me laugh).

You should do one motomod! It sounded like you had an idea the other day..
Fri 07/09/12 at 15:31
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Just discovered that the entries come into an e-mail address that forwards to me, loving the entries so far.

I think I'll refrain from entering the competition, I'd probably go too far anyway...
Fri 07/09/12 at 15:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
I don't think I understand my own entry

Well I do, it's good :¬) Just sent a couple more!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.