GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Fri 14/09/12 at 07:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
After some massive brain racking I have managed a couple more. There was some excellent stuff submitted yesterday, good work guys.
Thu 13/09/12 at 23:35
"possibly impossible"
Love Penfold.

I miss Terry Scott.
Thu 13/09/12 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just sent another ... but this 'is' for Dean5 ... I just hope he knows what 'friends' are, as I don't remember many physical rock faces in Essex!!

@Dean5 ... out of all the 'gear' I have, it's strange how you always prefer to use the same equipment when climbing! One of my favourite 'friends' came from a cousin in the USA, 20 years ago!
Thu 13/09/12 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Added the latest.

Designed myself an avatar like the last ('invisible background effect') but realised that our background colours change on site so it looked meh.

Trying to push through the use of transparency so things like that looks better, but it ain't easy.
Thu 13/09/12 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm... wrote:
I've submitted my effort!

NB.
[i]2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

Some of the submissions seem to be a bit wide.
[s]Hmmm...[/s][/i]

All of mine are, as I know they aren't going to be used. Haven't noticed anyone else's because I haven't checked.

If they are though they can be resized easily.
Thu 13/09/12 at 12:33
"possibly impossible"
Yes, it's supposed to be a support thing. Wasn't sure if the joke worked or not.
Thu 13/09/12 at 12:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I think we have just uploaded a potential :D

@pb - I'll add that, but are you delibrately doing the reply instead of comply? I have to know!
Thu 13/09/12 at 11:58
"possibly impossible"
Warhunt wrote:
Added them, but was saddened by the last one.

ED-209 is not pleased at this upstart 'ED-205' stealing his thunder.

I believe if he was here he would probably be giving you a rather difficult time-based decision on whether or not to comply.

Hah, had to fit the 5 in somewhere.

Forgot that the tagline for that should be '10 seconds to reply'
Thu 13/09/12 at 11:46
"Are you sure?"
I've submitted my effort!

NB.
2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.
Some of the submissions seem to be a bit wide.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 13/09/12 at 11:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers guys, I may try to do a couple more if I can think of anything but don't hold your breath. There's some really good stuff up there, you guys should be proud of your work so far. One which always seems to make me smile for some strange reason is Dean's demonic potato (which sounds a bit like a band I ought to be listening to!).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.