GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avatar Design - Extra GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/12 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
OK, it's past time there was a chance to win an extra gaming prize. We've had a discussion in the office and decided to run the following competition.

For no particular reason, I've never really had an avatar image for the forums. The competition, put simply is just to design me an avatar image.

The winner would be decided by staff here at Freeola based on comedy value, artistic quality and overall eccentricity.

The creator of the winning image will then win a GAD prize as normal, offering any game up to the value of £45 or a £30 Amazon voucher.

Rules are as follows:

1) Please keep if family friendly - no obscenities or vulgarism!

2) The image size should be 80px by 80px.

3) This competition will run until the closing date of the 19th September.

4) You can only win if you have a UK address on your profile (this is where the prize would be sent), however still feel free to enter for fun if you are based outside the UK.

If you email any entries to [email protected], we'll put them on the submissions page as soon as we can so your entry can be seen. Don't forget to include your forum name.

Submissions Page
Mon 17/09/12 at 19:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
Yep, it is a bit, but much more bendy!

Can't beat 'seagull wanging' hexs though for gritstone ... can't think I've ever used a 'friend' in gritstone, static cams yes :¬)
Mon 17/09/12 at 19:20
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
DL wrote:
That sounds cool Dean ... seems rather like my American 'friend' though?

Yep, it is a bit, but much more bendy!
Mon 17/09/12 at 19:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
Yea I've got a basic Totem cam that I picked up from Needle Sports early this year. When I was in the shop they said that it was a cam made by a Spanish company and they are the only place selling them. How true that is I don't know, but although the camming head is normal, the actual body of the cam is really flexable and just bends any way you need it to. Since I've had it, I've ended up using it most climbs, there just seems to be more placements for it then anything else.

That sounds cool Dean ... seems rather like my American 'friend' though? I'll have to post a picture! Cams are ok as long as you have a good range ... no good having a 50mm when you need a 25mm! I'll still have my static sling cams and wires/chocks though :¬)
Mon 17/09/12 at 17:51
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
pete_21 wrote:
I sent one in on Saturday but it doesn't appear to have been added to the site, did it come through OK?

I've been through the emails and I've found the missing avatar. Sorry, this must have been missed first time round.

DL wrote:
You're right there Dean ... I still love my 'wires' and 'chocks/hexs'. Wires mainly for limestone and chocks/hexs for gritstone and granite, but I still carry both because you can never tell. I do have my favourite 'gear' though :¬)

Yea I've got a basic Totem cam that I picked up from Needle Sports early this year. When I was in the shop they said that it was a cam made by a Spanish company and they are the only place selling them. How true that is I don't know, but although the camming head is normal, the actual body of the cam is really flexable and just bends any way you need it to. Since I've had it, I've ended up using it most climbs, there just seems to be more placements for it then anything else.
Mon 17/09/12 at 16:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
I sent one in on Saturday but it doesn't appear to have been added to the site, did it come through OK?
Mon 17/09/12 at 16:20
Regular
"How Ironic"
Just so there's no confusion, the tagline for mine is 'Mr Dean', otherwise it's kind of irrelevant ;-)
Mon 17/09/12 at 15:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dean5 wrote:
I've only been climbing for about 3 years so am still acquiring gear. I have noticed though that many of the more experienced climbers seem to carry some 'unusual' protection.

You're right there Dean ... I still love my 'wires' and 'chocks/hexs'. Wires mainly for limestone and chocks/hexs for gritstone and granite, but I still carry both because you can never tell. I do have my favourite 'gear' though :¬)
Mon 17/09/12 at 13:13
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Wow, lot's of submissions over the last week!

DL wrote:
Just sent another ... but this 'is' for Dean5 ... I just hope he knows what 'friends' are, as I don't remember many physical rock faces in Essex!!

Yep, I do have a few friends, although there isn't any proper climbing in Essex (as far as I'm aware anyway). The closest options are Sandstone in Kent which is 1-2hr drive, or a 3-5hr drive to the Peak District.

It's OK though, I'm a member of a climbing club so there are plenty opportunities to see other parts of the country.

@Dean5 ... out of all the 'gear' I have, it's strange how you always prefer to use the same equipment when climbing! One of my favourite 'friends' came from a cousin in the USA, 20 years ago!

I've only been climbing for about 3 years so am still acquiring gear. I have noticed though that many of the more experienced climbers seem to carry some 'unusual' protection.
Sat 15/09/12 at 14:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
Am I glad you said "DJ's" there pete ... made me wonder ;¬)

EDIT:

at least it was 80x80 pete ... haha :¬D

It was about the one I've entered that was!

Done another will send it in a minute.

Few days still left, plenty of time to get stuff in.
Fri 14/09/12 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Am I glad you said "DJ's" there pete ... made me wonder ;¬)

EDIT:

at least it was 80x80 pete ... haha :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.