GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ol' Limp Picks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/08/12 at 23:29
"Retarded List"
The lack of patriotism on this website is quite frankly abhorrent and must be rectified lest your new Queen Jennis feast on your children's dreams.

Therefore I give you this thread to discuss the Power of the Crowd, and how it is made manifest in our athletes' great success.

ps tubes
Sun 05/08/12 at 12:11
"Retarded List"
Team GB weren't disqualified, it just so happened that they were demoted in a round that led to the same eventuality
Sun 05/08/12 at 11:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
Team GB were not demoted they were disqualified. Shouldn't China have also been given the same treatment handing the silver medal to Ukraine? (I think it was). Is that not a case of same crime, different punishment? If not then to someone who does not follow that sport it does seem about as clear as mud.

Anyway, off to watch World Superbike race from Silverstone now where I shall be screaming for our valiant British heroes to kick some major foreign ass on home soil and do our nation proud...
Sun 05/08/12 at 11:17
Regular
"You've upset me"
pete_21 wrote:

Oh yeah, then there was our Women's cycling pursuit team who got thrown out of one their events for a very minor infringement (if it was actually an infringement at all as there was no real gain made and apparently this 'rule' didn't even exist 12 months ago) while the Chinese team did exactly the same thing in the final and just got demoted a medal colour? :S

Er, well, no. They got demoted for a clear infringement. Sucks considering how difficult it is at such high speed but you can't argue with it. And the Chinese got exactly the same punishment but they were in the final so being demoted means they lost that race... which was the gold medal race... so they got silver.
Sun 05/08/12 at 10:40
"Retarded List"
pete_21 wrote:
Is it not possible to be patriotic without being particularly bothered about the Olympic games?.

No.
Sun 05/08/12 at 09:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is it not possible to be patriotic without being particularly bothered about the Olympic games?

While it might be rather nice to have hosted such a prestigious event in our beloved country was it really a necessity and perhaps more to the point could we actually afford it? It would also appear that many hard working, tax paying Brits seem to have been unable to obtain tickets to see any of this 'once in a lifetime event' while corporate seats for many events have been left unoccupied.

Oh yeah, then there was our Women's cycling pursuit team who got thrown out of one their events for a very minor infringement (if it was actually an infringement at all as there was no real gain made and apparently this 'rule' didn't even exist 12 months ago) while the Chinese team did exactly the same thing in the final and just got demoted a medal colour? :S

And if I turn on my TV once more to hear that Michael Phelps is officially 'The Greatest Olympian Of All Time' I am going to throw something through the screen. This claim seems to have been based on the number of medals he has won, but as a swimmer he has had the 'luxury' to compete in multiple events. There is absolutely no doubt that he has been phenomenally successful in his given sport but how exactly does this make him superior to guys who's sports only get a single event? They would need to compete over a period of 88 years to have the chance to match his haul of medals!

Good to see the Brits doing well but overall still failed to be won over by the games TBH.
Sat 04/08/12 at 23:29
"Retarded List"
The lack of patriotism on this website is quite frankly abhorrent and must be rectified lest your new Queen Jennis feast on your children's dreams.

Therefore I give you this thread to discuss the Power of the Crowd, and how it is made manifest in our athletes' great success.

ps tubes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.