GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ol' Limp Picks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/08/12 at 23:29
"Retarded List"
The lack of patriotism on this website is quite frankly abhorrent and must be rectified lest your new Queen Jennis feast on your children's dreams.

Therefore I give you this thread to discuss the Power of the Crowd, and how it is made manifest in our athletes' great success.

ps tubes
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:47
Regular
"nus"
yes, because deliberately jumping on someone's head is the exact same as an accidental infringement which is very easy to make at high speed
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
... but... but that's exactly the point though Pete. It wasn't a heat. It was the final. So why should they not get the silver they earned through legitimately getting to the final?

It's like saying if a team gets four red cards in the World Cup final and therefore automatically loses the match then the silver medal should go to whoever won the 3rd place play off. It's a knockout competition, not a league.

So if it was the final of the boxing and one competitor gets ''disqualified'' for tripping the other up before jumping on his head it would be OK to give him the Silver medal because he may have legitimately got through to the final? :S

I'm not at Silverstone, was watching it on Eurosport.
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:20
Regular
"nus"
shouldn't you be at silverstone, peter
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:19
"Retarded List"
Hey look sailing is on! We might get more precious illuminati gold! Patriotism!
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:13
"Retarded List"
I speak in anagrams; dolt is an anagram for told.

I meant to say 'you got dolt' but forgot to include 'got' because I have brain damage. Thanks for drawing attention to that you insensitive told.
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
... but... but that's exactly the point though Pete. It wasn't a heat. It was the final. So why should they not get the silver they earned through legitimately getting to the final?

It's like saying if a team gets four red cards in the World Cup final and therefore automatically loses the match then the silver medal should go to whoever won the 3rd place play off. It's a knockout competition, not a league.
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Steel Protagonist wrote:
"The Great Britain team of Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish had earlier been relegated by officials for the same offence."

You dolt

dolt?, that's nice.

Thanks for the clarification RBS, I did actually watch this particular event at the time (one of the few I have) and even the commentators weren't 100% sure of what was going to happen. Can't think of any other sports where competitors get ''disqualified'' from a heat and go on to be awarded with an Olympic medal. Although I'm sure some of you experts will be more than happy to provide me with plenty of examples...
Sun 05/08/12 at 13:00
"Retarded List"
Hurray, well done everyone. Let's have a picture to celebrate: why isn't there a url tag
Sun 05/08/12 at 12:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
I think I've realised where this misunderstanding comes from. The use of disqualified is race specific rather than event specific. GB and China were both disqualified from their races and therefore demoted in the event.
Sun 05/08/12 at 12:52
Regular
"nus"
allow me to explain.

GB were relegated for an infringement in the first round, when there were 8 teams still in the competition. they were therefore placed 8th of those 8 teams and eliminated from the competition.

china were relegated for an infringement in the final, when there were only 2 teams still left. therefore they were placed 2nd of those 2 teams and picked up the silver medal.

is it really that hard to understand ???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.