GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:28
Regular
Well i started a season with Man United and bought Jimmy Floyd Hassebaink, i Finished that season with The FA Cup and Premieship. Now i am just about to play the Charity Shield match in 2002/2003 season and i have bought: Sam Dalla Bona, Taricco, Wayne Bridges and Paulo Sergio and i have as i mentioned before Hasselbaink who i bought the seaosn before.

This is the best Managing game you can get. No other Games Consoles Manager games are up to its standards as of yet
Fri 15/02/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
GET IT JOE!! You won't be dissapointed!!
And Monkey_With_Attitude, I used to have that same problem too, but I re-installed the game, and the problem was gone.

I think it's to do with editing the game, and how each club can only have 2 players on loan. It also messes up when you have players on wages that are too high for his club. Try and sort those edits out (if you've made any changes) and you should be fine.

I've also noticed that some clubs start with 3 loaned players, even when you haven't edited the game! But that just seems to run fine for some reason??
Thu 14/02/02 at 22:07
Regular
"One More Chance"
The most I have ever sold a player for is £55 million he was Patrick Veira (I was Arsenal) I sold him to Barcelona. I should not have though as after that I lost every match :D
Thu 14/02/02 at 21:04
"Uzi Lover"
Joe Dark wrote:
> I've got a £25 GAD so Im tempted to get Championship Manager

Even if you love football or hate it - get Championship Manager. The gameplay is it's strength.

Go for it.
Thu 14/02/02 at 21:01
Regular
I've got a £25 GAD so Im tempted to get Championship Manager
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:48
"Uzi Lover"
I love Championship Manager until something goes wrong.

Every game I have created that goes well goes down the drain, quite frustrating when you have been playing for years (in the games language).

It's either my PC just goes back to windows on when i click on a Players stats (No my PC is decent spec :-)) Or I just choose the wrong league, like the Welsh.

Always tempted to start again though and when i do, I'm hooked...until something happens again that is.

I wonder how it will preform on the XBox? Hmmmmm indeed.
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I have a Tiny Pentium 3 450Mhz. It sounds like it's dying, and we may get a new one within a year or so.
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:07
Regular
Lol, what sort of PC you got?

I dont really experience any slowdown on mine. Its a AMD 1800+ with 512MB Ram.
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
BRILLIANT DEAL!!
I've never really got further than 2005, as I usually get sacked and start a new game as a new team.

I'm currently United this season, and I havne't played it much. I brought Kim Kallstrom and Tom Doherty for about £1.5m, just to increase the size of my squad.
I also beat Barcelona 4-1 the other day, in Champions Leage game no.3!!

I'll probably start one as Bristol City (my local side) soon, and see how well my career goes from there.

Do you find that your editor is really slow loading and especially saving?? I do. And it takes me about 4 hours to go through a month and a half!
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.