GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Sun 17/02/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I heard about some Portugeuse bloke retiring quite young recently at about 21. Maybe that was him, and why he no longer exists??

And I sold Beckham for £20m on CM 99/00, not 01/02! £20m was a good price for him in those days, and I sold him to Real Madrid as he wasn't playing well under my system. I'm not the type of manager who creates his team around one player! Like Fergie when Veron first arrived!!
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:47
shocking news for the world of champ manager. Apparantly the god of 01/02 To Madeira who plays for Gouvela doesn't actually play for them at all. Some guy from a portugese site had an interview with the Gouvela chairman and he said he's never heard of a To Madeira or Antonio Lopes (his real name). this has been put on the SI site and after 2 days they still haven't said anything about it which could mean BUSTED.
So are SI Games really putting in fake players just to fill up the database or is this just a genuine mistake?
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Scott Giles wrote:
> Solskjaer_24 wrote:

>I think the most i've ever sold someone for is
> £20m, and that was Beckham.

Why the hell did you sell Beckham????????
> That all you sold him for!!! I got offered 76 Million for him but i turned it
> down.

-----

You fool.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:13
Regular
Solskjaer_24 wrote:

>I think the most i've ever sold someone for is £20m, and that was Beckham.

Why the hell did you sell Beckham???????? That all you sold him for!!! I got offered 76 Million for him but i turned it down.
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My biggest selling was Claudio Zipparo, of Bayern Munich, to Barcelona for £38 million.
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
WOW!! What a deal ben!! I think the most i've ever sold someone for is £20m, and that was Beckham.

Also, I noticed that the Data folder for CM is pretty big. I thinks it's close to quarter of a gig.?? I only noticed this when I copied it so I could use one folder for Fantasy Football, and one for my games.

I'll be playing CM 01/02 tonight, probably after i've been on here again!
Sat 16/02/02 at 10:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Joe Dark wrote:
> I've got a £25 GAD so Im tempted to get Championship Manager

-------

I had exactly the same feeling. Then I got it from there.

You should too.
Sat 16/02/02 at 10:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I have Champ Manager and I think it rules!

I am in the middle of a season with Bayern Munich and one with Juventus. I'm doing fairly well in both.

I claimed it as a GAD prize for the Cheats prize.

Brilliant game!
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:51
at the moment i'm Wolves in 2006 and top of the premiership. just got Andreas D'allesandro and Juan Roman Riquelme on frees to go along with selakovic, bakircioglu, chivu and co. Best ever sale was Adrian Mihalcea in 00/01 when i bought him for 250k and sold him to real madrid for 69 million
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Hmmm, for some reason, I've never really been interested in Championship Manager. Probably because whenever I play it at a mates house, I ALWAYS lose EVERY match. Crap, I know, but I'm more of an FPS fan, myself.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.