GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Wed 27/02/02 at 19:19
i play stats hidden. adds realism. i mean how many portugese players you know in their 2nd divison? none probably but there's some gems and it's rewarding finding them
Wed 27/02/02 at 16:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Here's a cheeky tip.

Every time a player gets banned from a sending off, appeal. Even if the tackle was punching someone in the face, almost all the time, my players get let off.

So, even if you know that the tackle was bad, complain anyway. You nearly always get your player away free.

Also, every time a player is critecized or playing amazing there is a way to gain your chairman and the fans' approval. When they are critesized (spelt wrongly) always say that you think that they need time to play better, and if they are said to be playing good, always agree. It always works too.
Wed 27/02/02 at 08:53
yeh I cant stand the stats being hidden. It seems 100% impossible to find a decent player for free in the conference without them. Unless of course you go to the sigames boards and follow everyone stips or open up their data editor. I dont wanna do either! Stats ON! ;)
Tue 26/02/02 at 20:57
Regular
I didnt actually notice you could play with the stats on until i was into about my 25th season.

I remember reading about it before the game came out, but the little tab to change it is so tiny! I completly missed it.
Tue 26/02/02 at 15:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I play my games with the stats showing.
I'm not really sure why, mainly cuz I don't really bother with scouts much, unless I don't believe some of the over-hyped stories of some players.

I just look at their stats, and if they've got good set pieces, they take free kicks! If they've got good influence, they are captain!
Tue 26/02/02 at 15:21
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I am in the office 11 hours a day and also on Saturdays but it is only partly due to being busy.

The main reason is I have found the worlds most dangerous product - Championship Manager!

I was bored one Saturday and since my beloved Rangers are not doing as well as previous years I thought it would while away a few hours on my business computer when things were slack.

Here is an illustration of the devastation

Before - took nice long lunches taking advantage of cheap businessmans lunch deals and sometime took my wife out at lunch
Now - sit in office huddled over computer with cup of soup refusing to answer the phone.

Before - 5.30pm came I was off home too a home cooked meal and possibly a night out at the picture/pub/anything
Now - phone home at 5.15pm and make an excuse that I need to stay for half an hour later as I have important paperwork to do. At this point I have already being playing CM for half an hour.

People beware Championship Manager is more addictive than crack and more life changing than a sex change.

Beware, you have been warned............
Tue 26/02/02 at 11:01
Do you all play with Stats Hidden or Stats Showing?

I started with stats showing but it is getting tedious now. Not so much of a feature - more of a bore.
Mon 25/02/02 at 20:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
Damn you! I look like a fool now. Man im thick, I think that would be a good idea as well. The health Farm part that is.
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:21
emmm you press the send to health farm button .............. yea that's it
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:38
Regular
"One More Chance"
How do you put them in a Health Farm?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.